Thread: hyperframe Question

hyperframe Question

I am currently running a hyper.. With 20 bps board... came across people frying them.

ANYONE know is this still the case?

In the original instructions it said when you did a fresh battery change you have to discharge the remaining power that is stored in the (capacitor/resistor???) And you do this by touching the +/- together (I always used an Allen wrench from my tool box). I had one of the early early frames so I do not know if they changed things over time with this procedure?

But on my particular one I remember taking the battery out with the frame on, swapping it without doing that discharge and everything went blank, never turned back on again

Discharge the cap, remove the board and put a nice thick piece of black tape over the back of the board.

Is that a "fix" to whatever problem mine could have had? Not that it matters much anymore for myself....

I just remember having to discharge it every time I put a fresh battery in it, till the time I didn't and it went to the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Is that a "fix" to whatever problem mine could have had? Not that it matters much anymore for myself....

I just remember having to discharge it every time I put a fresh battery in it, till the time I didn't and it went to the trash.
    Once the boards go they are done. They are primitive by today's standards anyhow. You would be amazed how much better they are with a UTB board and lightened microswitch.

Yeah, I worded that wrong... I was meaning is that the fix to prevent what happened to mine