Thread: Ever seen this before?

Ever seen this before?

So I'm still pretty new to mags, and recently bought my first one after getting back into paintball a few weeks ago. I played two weekends ago with my new (to me) RT Pro and it shot awesome the whole time. Loved it. I went paintballing again yesterday and noticed the gun was breaking balls pretty often. I mean, I wasn't shooting absurdly fast or anything like that, but balls were breaking in the breach and making a mess of things. Very frustrating I got through the day but spent a lot of time using a squeegie. When I took the gun apart later to clean it, etc, i found that the plastic sleeve that surrounds the bolt had broken. It must have been slicing the next ball in line as it was firing, and every once in a while cut all the way through the shell and into to the paint. I have a couple questions for you guys:

1) What type of bolt is this (pics attached)? Why does it even have the plastic sleeve?
    2) Ever seen a failure like this before? Is it common?
    3) Think I should use this as an excuse to upgrade to a level X kit? (I think I already know the answer to this one )
    4) Unrelated, anyone ever have trouble with their powerfeed plug falling out during rapid fire? It happened a few times on Sunday. Annoying!

Name:  IMAG0819B.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  45.4 KB

The setup is:
    RT Pro
    Intelliframe
    Crown Point
    Xboard Revvy
    Ninja 68/45

Thanks in advance for the help!

Scott

1) Looks to be a AGD Superbolt. (turned out to be anything but)
    2) Yes I believe they stopped production because of this reason. The sleeves cracked.
    3) Why not.
    4) If the guns old enough to still have a superbolt you may have a old feedplug that is shaped wrong. Which causes feeding issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

That was a AGD prototype, or beta, level 10. They changed the design for that particular reason. So, yes, a level 10 kit would be good.

You might find someone to re-sleeve it for you, just for grins. They don't seem to have a big collector value, but that is the best thing for them. There was a discussion about making a plastic bolt the other day. Now you know why there isn't one already.

4. The o-ring in the powerfeed plug may be worn out, and the plug is too loose because of it.

Wow, thanks for the help, guys. I was pretty blown away that the bolt just fell apart like that.

Coug- thanks for all the info. Great answers, one and all. very helpful. Also I got a good chuckle out of answer #1.
    Spid- Who do you think would re-sleeve it? I can't imagine ever putting this thing back in a gun; God forbid a piece of bolt flies out while I'm shooting someone, ya know? That would suck, for sure.
    Laku- I thought about that, but it was working great just the prior weekend. Regardless, I'll grab a new plug/oring just in case that's the issue.

Just ordered a new lvl X kit and a parabolic feed plug! Hopefully the remainder of my playing days will be more like two weekends ago than yesterday.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    I can't imagine ever putting this thing back in a gun; God forbid a piece of bolt flies out while I'm shooting someone, ya know? That would suck, for sure.
    THAT was why it was recalled. people started comming back saying they were cracking and shooting chunks then one %$#@ came back and said he shot a huge chunk and hit his friend and it gashed his skin.

LESS THEN 5 min later there was a HUGE recall announcement by Tom and an apology to the people hurt. there was a big show of AGD making sure that everyone knew that they had released a dangerous product and that no-one should use it.

Turned out that the guy was lier and nothing of the sort actually happened. he made an apology to Tom and everyone else and then disappeared into the woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    THAT was why it was recalled. people started comming back saying they were cracking and shooting chunks then one %$#@ came back and said he shot a huge chunk and hit his friend and it gashed his skin.

LESS THEN 5 min later there was a HUGE recall announcement by Tom and an apology to the people hurt. there was a big show of AGD making sure that everyone knew that they had released a dangerous product and that no-one should use it.

Turned out that the guy was lier and nothing of the sort actually happened. he made an apology to Tom and everyone else and then disappeared into the woodwork.
    Well I'm glad they aren't actually dangerous or whatever. I didn't see any plastic fly out of mine but I imagine it must've during one of my shots (it had to go somewhere, right?) What kind of little twerp would say he hurt himself when he didn't?

BT- Thanks for the Chronology of the issues surrounding my crappy bolt! Pretty cool how you were able to throw that all together. Haha I love how I'm finding out about this big scandal 10+ years after the fact.

Thanks again, all!

I was here for it

EDIT:

I'd like to point out that now, 12 years later, this still pisses me off
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 04-08-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Yea just reading some of those posts annoys me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Who do you think would re-sleeve it?
    You would have to get a machinist, like Luke, to make one for you. It wouldn't be worth the money at all, but if you were already shipping parts around, you might be able to include it.

Don't throw it away, someone will want to tinker with it.