Thread: What do you do if...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What do you do if...

...you're planning a recreational play outing to one of your favorite fields, which just opened for the season. You've got some great week-old paint from recent indoor play, you've got a new marker you want to test drive, you've picked a day and it's all looking good when...

A bunch of wackjob political activists announce less than a week before the date that they've set up for a hack-y "scenario game" based on Blackhawk Down. It's FPO (this time Red Legion) and entry with a case is $80, so you shoot garbage at a massive markup with proceeds going to a questionable "charity".

2 choices...

First would be to boycott

Second would be to show up and stomp them...hardcore

I would have either not played at all, or just take it for what it is and enjoyed it as much as possible. I would research the questionable charity first and made my decision afterwards. I don't care for the "stomp them" take on it. Under those circumstances, probably quite a few new or newer people to the sport. Always be a good ambassador please. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all." Participate and do it right, or just sit back and let them have their day. Making a some sort of stink about it or "abusing" them will only make you look bad. And possibly leave an impression with them about our sport that we don't want to perpetuate. Just my opinion...

Id just go play somewhere else if you planned on playing rec ball this weekend... I mean the field will be there next weekend right? And probably open up through Sept-Oct.... maybe Nov...

Seems like they opened and planned a large event like a "grand opening" for the summer. Could be fun?

It cost $75 for a case of paint and entry at my local field every weekend and its FPO.

Yeah, I did the research, but I also knew of them before this came up. The charity seems pretty plain at first glance, even a little goofy, but when you look through the BS they support and have supported militant rebel groups around the world. It's weird, I know the field owner and have been doing business with them for years - I'm blown away that he was onboard with this. Admittedly also a little ticked that the rates are such BS.