Thread: OK, I'm at a dead end

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK, I'm at a dead end

My mag wont stop breaking paint!

here's the setup and ive clearanced the carbon fiber and got a new prophecy loader thats set up on its highest speed.

the body is heavily modified and ive noticed a couple sharp spots that have been polished and smoothed over.

switched to a larger bore barrel retuned the lvl 10... twice... but at this point im open to anything

EDIT: after the video, a good cleaning and a new hopper with fresh batteries I tried again. 3 balls broke in a row and then I had bolt stick... when i say bolt stick... the bolt was all the way FORWARD!

Check to make sure your detent isn't in too far.

if you are having bolt stick it is either your ball detent is in to far or your lvl10 is not tuned correctly. is your spring extending past the face of the bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    if you are having bolt stick it is either your ball detent is in to far or your lvl10 is not tuned correctly. is your spring extending past the face of the bolt?
    Seconded... Start with the level 10 then work on the detent.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

cant help but notice all the snow... is it perhaps cold? Cold marker? Cold paint?

EDIT: Just read about your bold being stuck FORWARD... probably not cold related lol.

What spring is in the lvl 10?

Only reason I ask is the stock gold spring can still produce chops. It hits quite a bit harder than the red, I've stuck my pinky in both and it was very significant between the two springs.
    Last edited by Cokrkilr; 04-11-2013 at 01:13 AM.

posting before watching the vid
    1) ditch the hopper and hand feed. eliminate the possibility of the hopper breaking the paint BEFORE getting into the breech.
    2) where is the paint breaking? if its in the breech, then its the gun. if its in the barrel, then its in the barrel.
    3) if the bolt is sticking forward, then its being hung up on something. if not the ball detent, then look at the feedneck. it might be sticking in and catching the bolt. examine it to see if there are marks on the bolt.

after watching the vid
    4) check the length of the trigger rod.
    5) check the length of the on/off rod.
    6) make sure that the powertube is screwed down all the way, so that the bolt is coming to rest, where it should be and not being pushed forward a little bit.
    7) are the screws holding the gun together, in snuggly?
    8) have you tried eliminating the other parts of the gun, i.e. changing the body, frame, or valve to see if its one specific part that's giving you trouble?

it doesn't hurt to step back and examine the gun with the eye. mags are simple in design and implementation. there is a certain symbiosis of the parts. granted, you've modded just about everything, so it could be anything. one part, one oring could throw everything out of balance, or it could be a mass of everything not being in sync with each other. it might be a feng shui thing, but if you understand how the parts work together, it helps figuring out how the gun works and why its doing what it is.

side note- unless you have an expensive gauge where its calibrated to a certain +/-, gauges will more than likely be wrong. it could be off 1%, which at 800psi, could be actually 790psi or 810psi. if its worse, like 10%, that 800 gauge could be as high as 900psi, or as low as 700psi. i never trust gauges and only use them as a general way to get into the ballpark and see what the gun likes.

OPBN- Detent is PROBABLY not the issue I have checked and rechecked clearance on it.

captian pinky- Medium spring, about 1/2 -5/8" past face of bolt

sQuidvision- was outside for about 5 min, temp was 45*

Cokrkilr- I'll try that today

Nobody- ball frag got stuck inbetween bolt and body, nothing detent related, have checked clearance.
    I'll try hand feeding, its breaking in breach
    trigger rod is set about 1/16th behind trigger gassed up. running a ULT with 2 shims
    yes and yes
    I dont have another body unless i go to twistlock.

Pull the detent out and dry fire. Do you still get the bolt sticking forward? There are two o-rings that come with the detents. One is thinner than the other. It doesnt take much to cause issues.