Thread: E,Y,Z CF Minimag First/One of a Kind Challenge

E,Y,Z CF Minimag First/One of a Kind Challenge

The flashy/elaborate cosmetic milling and anodizing has never been my thing but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate a rare or unique setup. I’m also a big fan of OEM AGD products, never really thought the aftermarket parts did much (or anything) to improve upon anything. With that in mind, I tried to put together a setup that was a first/one of a kind using only AGD parts.
    Below are 3 attempts, I’m curious to see if any of these 3 have ever been built before (exactly as I have). If so, post a picture and give me a roundabout date of assembly. I’d also like to see what you’ve got in the first/one of a kind department (as per the rules below), post a pic and date of assembly to stake your claim as the first or only person to have that build.

Here are the rules:
    • Post a picture of the build (doesn’t need to be current or in your possession anymore)
    • Only factory AGD parts can be used, including internals (no Shocktech, PTP, Eclipse, Smart Parts, etc)
    • Color/anno/lasering/milling/cosmetics/etc don’t count towards the uniqueness of the setup (ex: a green tuna emax valve is just considered an Xvalve, an RT Pro rail milled for warp left or ULE is considered an RT Pro Rail)
    • All parts had to have been accessible to the general public for purchase, no factory one offs or released to the wild prototypes (ex: the rumored titanium valve)
    • All things relating to barrels, ASA’s, air fittings, tanks, hoppers don’t count towards the uniqueness of the setup
    • Things like spring length, pin length, spacer size, fine adjustments don’t count towards uniqueness
    • Grip panels don’t need to be an AGD product, but they do need to be OEM with the frame they are on(ex: Hogue panels)

Here’s what I’ve got

Body: CF Minimag
    Rail: RT Pro
    Frame: Z Grip
    Valve: XValve
    Foregrip Mount: RT Classic
    Foregrip: RT Classic
    Sight Rail: RT Classic
    Bolt: lvl 10
    On/Off: RT
    Sear: RT Pro
    Trigger: AGD Double
    Build Date: 2017

Rail: RT Pro
    Frame: Y Grip
    Foregrip Mount: RT Classic
    Foregrip: RT Classic
    Sight Rail: Emag
    Sear: RT Pro
    Trigger: AGD Blade

Rail: EMag
    Frame: EMag
    Foregrip Mount: N/A
    Foregrip: N/A
    Sight Rail: EMag
    Sear: EMag
    Trigger: EMag

I'm going to say at least one of these is a first of its kind, post a pic and a date to prove me wrong.
    **I did use a Doc's barrel adapter (a non AGD product) but I'm going to consider that part of the barrel. The original setup used an old CF Emag twistlock but I preferred the current barrel arrangement.

All together.

Those ore some nice mag, man. Seriously sweet builds.

As far as unique-ness goes with standard AGD parts and configurations go, I'm willing to bet its all been done - sometime, somewhere, even just for 5 minutes, I'll bet someone has put it all together. I don't know about everyone else here, but I've totally stripped all my mags down to all their parts and just started Frankenstein-ing... Multiple times..

I tried getting fancy with a MM body a loooong time ago - probably been done, but hey, it was fun to build:

3 mini-stovies?
    let me know when you want to sell the bodies.
    im open for that purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSelfLost View Post
    Those ore some nice mag, man. Seriously sweet builds.

As far as unique-ness goes with standard AGD parts and configurations go, I'm willing to bet its all been done - sometime, somewhere, even just for 5 minutes, I'll bet someone has put it all together. I don't know about everyone else here, but I've totally stripped all my mags down to all their parts and just started Frankenstein-ing... Multiple times..

I tried getting fancy with a MM body a loooong time ago - probably been done, but hey, it was fun to build:
    There's definitely a possibility that its all been done before. I figured the Z grip mini would have the best chance since the CF mini bodies and Z grip (factory wingless) were made in limited numbers, less likelihood of those parts being in the same place at the same time. And even if one of them has been done before there's still a chance that it is currently the only one out there with that configuration, it is after all the first/one of a kind challenge. Can't say I've seen any mini's set up the way you had yours anytime recently, if it was still around maybe it would've been a one of a kind (is the trigger from AGD?).

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    3 mini-stovies?
    let me know when you want to sell the bodies.
    im open for that purchase.
    You might as well consider these 3 out of circulation, I'll keep you in mind in the highly unlikely event that I change my mind. They have been popping up on ebay lately, one was in pretty good condition last week and there is another one up for sale right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112396369401...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-CIF-Ver...wAAOSwBt5ZGN-t

Yeah saw that got the other last week. The one now is either cut or removed cup

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    Yeah saw that got the other last week. The one now is either cut or removed cup
    eh, not a bad thing unless you're just wanting the old stovepipe. trim it a little more and put a lapco or palmers clamping neck on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    eh, not a bad thing unless you're just wanting the old stovepipe. trim it a little more and put a lapco or palmers clamping neck on it.
    nah that's ok ill keep it nice and tall.