Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: nickel ule beadblasting ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    318

    nickel ule beadblasting ?

    I have a nickel or chrome plated ule body that needs to get a nice anno job on,is there any areas that should not get a good bead blasting.any hints or tips and who is a good anno person would be super.:-) :-) thanks

  2. #2
    you should not bead blast any of it ! ... lol unless you want a dust finish that is .. Check out Caustic Customs, they do really good work , fair prices, and usually a really quick turnaround time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by *c-ro* View Post
    you should not bead blast any of it ! ... lol unless you want a dust finish that is .. Check out Caustic Customs, they do really good work , fair prices, and usually a really quick turnaround time.
    I'll check into them,I've not messed with chrome or nickel plated stuff but the finish is comming off a few areas and figured it had to all come off to get it annoed.I'm going to get the whole gun done.:-)

  4. #4
    If you're going to send it out to have it anodized, then the anodizer will strip off the plating before moving forward. If not, they'll tell you up front. But if you want it gloss, and you bead blast it to remove the plating, that's going to create a lot of unnecessary work for the person who then has to polish it again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    If you're going to send it out to have it anodized, then the anodizer will strip off the plating before moving forward. If not, they'll tell you up front. But if you want it gloss, and you bead blast it to remove the plating, that's going to create a lot of unnecessary work for the person who then has to polish it again.
    Ahh gotcha ,I didn't know .thanks for the heads up on that,I sure don't wanna cause more work than it has to be.:-)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Ahh gotcha ,I didn't know .thanks for the heads up on that,I sure don't wanna cause more work than it has to be.:-)
    Most places will do the initial Polish for pre anodizing included in the price, but going from dust to polish is not included. A few places I looked into charged upwards of $60hr for polishing services.... if you blasted it this part would most likely be an extra charge at somewhere around that rate. Also, a warning for people who do.blast on.your own. If you don't do it with a consistant pattern (like painting) you will end up with splotches even.in your dust finish... that was told to me straight from caustic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •