Thread: Tank Regulator Help Needed!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tank Regulator Help Needed!!!!!

I have a carbon fiber wrapped 3000psi 68cu pure energy tank that was built in 11/01. I just got the tank hydroded, so its good to go. While i was playing recently the regulator failed and started to release air. I decided to replace the reg because it is 12 years old and I couldn't service it (it doesn't have set screws holding the two pieces together and is locked together). I ordered a 3000psi ninja reg and when I got it I tried to screw it into the tank but it wouldn't screw in all the way. I then noticed that the treads on the ninja reg are longer than on my stock pure energy reg. I thought that regs were suppose to be universal? Is it just because my tank is so old? If thats the case where can i get a reg that fits? The tank is good for another 3 years so i would like to not have to buy a new one. Thanks for the help!

Pics would help.

Is there a bottom to the threading going into the tank? Or are the threads infinite? Meaning they don't stop, the tank bells away from the threads?

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic

could it be hitting the loctite from the old reg?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    could it be hitting the loctite from the old reg?
    Its possible. Ill clean it out and try it again

I'm guessing it is hitting dirt buildup and tighter threads at the bottom of the tank threads.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

turn over the tank and make sure everything is out of the bottle. screw reg on and go into the area where it starts to get tight and unscrew. see what is in the bottle. if its metal, then you are cutting new threads on the tank. if its something else, then its dirt or loctite or anything else that was on the tank threads.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild69 View Post
    Pics would help.

Is there a bottom to the threading going into the tank? Or are the threads infinite? Meaning they don't stop, the tank bells away from the threads?

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic
    Heres some pics. I cant tell if the threads stop or not. It screws in freely to a point and then stops. Im a little nervous about trying to muscle it the rest of the way down.
    Attached Images Attached Images