Thread: Help me build my pumpmag

Help me build my pumpmag

I was in the process of building a pumpmag a while ago, then life got in the way. I now have the free time to play and finish that pumpmag. After rummaging through all my gear, I realized I forgot how many choices I had. I was hoping to get your opinions as to what parts would make the best pumpmag. Let me know what you think the best combo is. I'll be putting a Rainman pump kit, a freak kit, and a CP direct mount ASA on it. I will also figure out anodizing later.

Which body?

1). PF classic
    2). rightfeed classic
    3). Emag
    4). Aluminum Minimag
    5). Tac1
    6). Galactic Z-body

Rail?

1). Emag Rail
    2). Ultra light (I doubt Luke can pump mill this one)
    3). Trojan (already pump milled)
    4). Zayan (Not sure if this can be p[ump milled)
    5). Classic

Frame?

1). Medusa
    2). Intelli
    3). Converted dye cocker
    4). Booyah
    5). Benchmark
    6). Emag

Lastly which valve?

1). Classic
    2). X-valve

I am interested in what you guys think.

Unless you have one already, good luck finding a pump kit. Rainman is on hiatus making them right now and there are 3-4 others looking for them as well.

definitely build it with the parts you like man! are these parts all extra parts? do you have the pump kit already? if you have the pump kit set up all your parts that are already pump milled and see wat ya like? rail 3 and 5 are pretty much your options tho for a rail.

5+3+3+2, put it together and lets see it

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    5+3+3+2, put it together and lets see it
    I second most of this but I think I would go with 5+3+3+1. I see no need to waste the capabilities of an x-valve on a pump.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    I second most of this but I think I would go with 5+3+3+1. I see no need to waste the capabilities of an x-valve on a pump.

I just like the black on black and the fact that its lighter

Quote Originally Posted by shooter311 View Post
    2). Ultra light (I doubt Luke can pump mill this one)
    3). Trojan (already pump milled)
    4). Zayan (Not sure if this can be p[ump milled)
    5). Classic

2) yeah, not much left on those.
    4) not without exposing the rod. There was one like that floating here. Use a brass rod and call it a feature.

On his other patterns that are wide enough, you can get Luke to combine the pump milling with the ULE treatment, which makes a swanky pump rail. Maybe your Trojan is that way.

For reg weight, these are back on the 'bay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643160941...84.m1423.l2649

but they leave even more of a gap when used on a ULE'd rail, unless you have Luke integrate a back-end-bob on the rail...hmmm. I kind of like that idea.

I think the Trojan and minimag body would be pretty nice together, especially with that feed neck.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 06-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Unless you have one already, good luck finding a pump kit. Rainman is on hiatus making them right now and there are 3-4 others looking for them as well.
    Yes I already have the kit, I bought it raw, so I can ano it with the rest of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    2)

For reg weight, these are back on the 'bay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643160941...84.m1423.l2649

but they leave even more of a gap when used on a ULE'd rail, unless you have Luke integrate a back-end-bob on the rail...hmmm. I kind of like that idea.

I think the Trojan and minimag body would be pretty nice together, especially with that feed neck.

I don't even know what that thing is? is it just a different housing for the reg for the classic valve? I was thinking of just using the X-valve for weight, and I doubt that would add much difference for the X-valve.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter311 View Post
    I don't even know what that thing is? is it just a different housing for the reg for the classic valve?
    Yes. You can use it on a classic valve. It is aluminum, and less material to start with, so they are very light. Kind of hard to dress up though.

I like to save my RT type valves for other builds for their capabilities and keep the solid performance of the classic on a pump. I don't find X-valve pumps "wrong" though.