View Poll Results: Who is interested in an integrated LPR Foregrip?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iím interested if: The planets align and Saturn is at equinox... This covers all contingencies

    56 90.32%
  • No thanks; Iíll stuff a LPR in my grip frame.

    6 9.68%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 269

Thread: LPR Foregrip

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    Not sure if you guys really want to see the progress or not but here is the assembled parts with the final machining for the functioning part of the regulator. If I didn't screw up these should actually function as is pictured below.



    The only machining left is the cosmetics.


  2. #152
    So excited, can't wait!

  3. #153
    a frame that you can mod or fit the pneumag kit into or frame that already completed or milled for the kit. most common for this use a entelli frame, but there are few done with other frames. oh also would need to have a rail with a channel for the LPR hose. LPR hose would go from the kit installed in the frame, into the rail channel into the LPR foregrip.

    Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    What would one need in order to finish a pnuemag after purchasing a LPR foregrip?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    Luke, you can show us by the minute if that's okay. That is looking so cool and I can't wait to see the finished product. Digging through pockets right now saving funds for this.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    a frame that you can mod or fit the pneumag kit into or frame that already completed or milled for the kit. most common for this use a entelli frame, but there are few done with other frames. oh also would need to have a rail with a channel for the LPR hose. LPR hose would go from the kit installed in the frame, into the rail channel into the LPR foregrip.
    Okay. How does the LPR fore-grip contribute to a pnue-mag setup, or what does a pnuemag have to gain from using a LPR fore-grip? I mean, I see pnuemag setups without any type of LPR foregrip...

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    Okay. How does the LPR fore-grip contribute to a pnue-mag setup, or what does a pnuemag have to gain from using a LPR fore-grip? I mean, I see pnuemag setups without any type of LPR foregrip...
    You get LPR that doesn't look like one and get to run the lp hose hidden inside the rail. Not all frames can fit LPR inside.
    And it'll be easier to adjust.

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    You get LPR that doesn't look like one and get to run the lp hose hidden inside the rail. Not all frames can fit LPR inside.
    And it'll be easier to adjust.
    Thanks for the clarification.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694






    The LPRFG fits surprising well in your hands, looks bigger than what it feels like. I'm real please over all with the feel and design.

    Now I need to figure out some to do some controlled tests to see how it performs.
    Last edited by luke; 03-15-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    181
    Looking good

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,103
    you should probably get one of those shoebox compressors

    I like it.
    I will probably need one of these.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    you should probably yet one of those shoebox compressors
    So are you suggesting that the Shoebox will magically set up a controlled testing platform to give me performance data?


  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    Looking pretty sweet. I will take one....lol.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    So are you suggesting that the Shoebox will magically set up a controlled testing platform to give me performance data?

    I have no idea. .

  14. #164
    Damn you luke, that looks awesome

  15. #165
    Hey Luke, err Matt,

    Will your LPR foregrip sit flush on my rail with the z-grip?

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    Tye, not real sure I don't have a Zgrip to check. (It's ok you can call me Luke )

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694


    Man I'm not sure about the curved face on this. It looks good to me until it's assembled with the other parts. The convex face just does not seem to flow with the rest of the parts. I moved it back towards the grip frame and it looks a little better but I'm still not sure if I like it. It feels really good, just not sure about the looks(?)

    I'm leaning towards my original design, what do you guys think?



    Not sure if it matters at this point...
    Last edited by luke; 03-16-2014 at 12:33 PM.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post


    Man I'm not sure about the curved face on this. It looks good to me until it's assembled with the other parts. The convex face just does not seem to flow with the rest of the parts. I moved it back towards the grip frame and it looks a little better but I'm still not sure if I like it. It feels really good, just not sure about the looks(?)

    I'm leaning towards my original design, what do you guys think?



    Not sure if it matters at this point...
    What does it look like sliding it forward to match the top front edge with the bottom front edge of the rail?

    Or... and I know you'll hate this.. but milling up a specific rail to match up with this?

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    What does it look like sliding it forward to match the top front edge with the bottom front edge of the rail?
    Scroll up

  20. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post


    Man I'm not sure about the curved face on this. It looks good to me until it's assembled with the other parts. The convex face just does not seem to flow with the rest of the parts. I moved it back towards the grip frame and it looks a little better but I'm still not sure if I like it. It feels really good, just not sure about the looks(?)

    I'm leaning towards my original design, what do you guys think?



    Not sure if it matters at this point...

    I like it, it would also be sweet to have a version that had a "magazine" look to it to go with the Tac One bodies I love the Tac One bodies but there aren't many FG that go along with the look.

    -grub

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Scroll up
    Been a long night. I vote for a shorter rail....

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Man I'm not sure about the curved face on this. It looks good to me until it's assembled with the other parts. The convex face just does not seem to flow with the rest of the parts. I moved it back towards the grip frame and it looks a little better but I'm still not sure if I like it. It feels really good, just not sure about the looks(?) I'm leaning towards my original design, what do you guys think? Not sure if it matters at this point...
    I still think that looks better.

    Just an idea but have you tried what it would look like with 15į angle or something around there? It looks like there would be room for that.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    460
    Ok here's some quick photoshopping to try to visualize things.
    This is photoshopping so some deformation has occurred on the ones I straightened.

    this is the original (moved front of the rail).


    Here's how it could be more or less straight
    Last edited by Laku; 03-16-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: removed irrelevant pictures

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marseille - France
    Posts
    434
    Very nice part.

    Laku, thanks for the photoshop it helps.

    Between the 2 options shown by Luke I prefer the first one.

    And in the option on the Laku's work, I prefer the first 2 and mostly the sencond one.

  25. #175
    Still like the original, first one.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Ok here's some quick photoshopping to try to visualize things.
    This is photoshopping so some deformation has occurred on the ones I straightened.

    this is the original (moved front of the rail).


    Here's how it could be more or less straight


    Here's how it would be angled 5 degrees to the front


    Here's reversed and angled 5 degrees front.


    Here's reversed straight, angled 5 degrees front.


    Here's 5 degrees front and straight
    Photoshop it with a shorter rail moving the foregrip closer to the grip if you can.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    I doubt these would ever come with a 15* angle, sorry.
    If you wanted to turn it around backwards that would work.
    Maybe I'm being overly critical, it's actually very comfortable as is.
    I think it will boil down to one version if we can get them to production.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    Very nice part.

    Laku, thanks for the photoshop it helps.

    Between the 2 options shown by Luke I prefer the first one.

    And in the option on the Laku's work, I prefer the first 2 and mostly the second one.
    My CAD drawing and Laku's #2 is the same part. I just didn't add the side cuts, let me do the cad work and I'll post that.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I doubt these would ever come with a 15* angle, sorry.
    If you wanted to turn it around backwards that would work.
    Maybe I'm being overly critical, it's actually very comfortable as is.
    I think it will boil down to one version if we can get them to production.
    No problem. It was just an idea, and doesn't seem to work too well when visualized.

    Now that I look at those I think number 2 is more elegant, like you thought. It's a small thing but I think it just looks better because it's not as wide as the one with curved front. Makes it look lighter.

    Either way I'm good with both designs.
    Last edited by Laku; 03-16-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo

  30. #180
    I think it's the gap between the frame and grip that makes it look a bit wonky. I think it will look great on an AM/MM length flat bottomed rail. Maybe one that is built to purpose with a matching curve on the front.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •