View Poll Results: Who is interested in an integrated LPR Foregrip?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m interested if: The planets align and Saturn is at equinox... This covers all contingencies

56 90.32%
  • No thanks; I’ll stuff a LPR in my grip frame.

6 9.68%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: LPR Foregrip

Updated cad without convex face.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I think it's the gap between the frame and grip that makes it look a bit wonky. I think it will look great on an AM/MM length flat bottomed rail. Maybe one that is built to purpose with a matching curve on the front.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I think it's the gap between the frame and grip that makes it look a bit wonky. I think it will look great on an AM/MM length flat bottomed rail. Maybe one that is built to purpose with a matching curve on the front.
    I agree with this comment about the gap. Any chance we could keep a little more material from grip and blend/taper into grip frame so there isn't a gap. Another thought is to make a optional spacer that can attach and stream line with your vert frame, plus allows versatility with other frames where some might not like the spacer. The small gap looks a little odd.

As far as selling us another rail........do you have a vision or design flow that can be incorporated into the grip, vert frame and future body? I see many people loving the concept but having problems with the cosmetic flow of lines. In the long run my wallet would like this idea much better since it minimizes purchasing of repeated parts.

I prefer the look of this one.

Do you think you would make a nonLPR version. Or perhaps sell it without the LPR guts.

I honestly don't even care/want it to be a gas through grip. I'd buy one that was hollowed out a little to save weight. Or a blank one that just has the exterior milling and I'll hollow it out myself on the drill press.

This mounts in a slot like your RTP VASA, put it where ever you want, the LP air line comes up between the two mounting screws, it's no big deal to move it.
    Here it is jammed up against the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post

Do you think you would make a nonLPR version.

I honestly don't even care/want it to be a gas through grip. I'd buy one that was hollowed out a little to save weight. Or a blank one that just has the exterior milling and I'll hollow it out myself on the drill press.
    Foregrips would be a separate project, no real advantage piggy backing them on this one.

so are you going with the straight design or the curved design? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    so are you going with the straight design or the curved design? or both?
    Straight or curved, that is the question.
    (Wont do both though)
    Last edited by luke; 03-16-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This mounts in a slot like your RTP VASA, put it where ever you want, the LP air line comes up between the two mounting screws, it's no big deal to move it.
    Here it is jammed up against the trigger guard.
    I love that body! Where did you get it?LOL

That's an AO-Mag for sure, the only AGD part is the RetroValve.
    It's pretty light even with the SS barrel.

I like both... and would really love to swap this into my Pmag in place of the PTP battery pack I'm hiding the LPR in now...
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

I like them both as well. Is there a rail length that would accommodate the LPR fore grip to sit flush against one of your Lukes frames trigger guard or an intelliframe trigger guard AND sit flush at the end of the rail?

If not, what would it take to manufacture a matching length rail?

This Regulator was not designed with a specific rail length in mind. If you want to look for a rail, it is 6.625" from the centerline of the rear thumb screw hole to the front of the LPR. However, you may want to wait until I test the prototype to make sure it even works. Plus we still need to determine if the market will support a run or not.

Updated cad without convex face.
    I like this one the best so far

+1 ^

One of each please...lol. Looking good.

Wow... Those are looking sharp.

One more...

wicked.

JUST FOR FUN! you should drill and tap the bottom to accept ASAs to bolt a tank right onto it OLD SCHOOL style (also we could mod the ASA to not have macroline)

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    wicked.

JUST FOR FUN! you should drill and tap the bottom to accept ASAs to bolt a tank right onto it OLD SCHOOL style (also we could mod the ASA to not have macroline)
    Tap the foregrip for mounting screws and mount a sleeper modded on/off directly to it....

BTA, OPBN.>
    Impossible, the bottom is a recessed cavity.

I like the flat front.

Moved the reg out to the end of the rail, it flows better with the flat face.

These look much nicer in person, not sure why it doesn't really translate in pictures. They look a little big in the pictures but don't feel that way in your hands.

I'll probably end up doing with both designs, I don't think one design will satisfy everyone. I wouldn't mind having one of each myself.

That looks SWEET!! Much better flush with the rail IMO

I like this setting.

Moved the reg out to the end of the rail, it flows better with the flat face.

These look much nicer in person, not sure why it doesn't really translate in pictures. They look a little big in the pictures but don't feel that way in your hands.

I'll probably end up doing with both designs, I don't think one design will satisfy everyone. I wouldn't mind having one of each myself.

Very yes. Please post pricing in dealer forum so I can start saving my pennies...

Not sure about pricing yet, haven't really figured it out yet.

I'm currently in the middle of ordering everything I need to test the prototypes.

Half of my testing parts arrived yesterday, the remaining are in route as of this morning.
    I have some machining to do on the testing "apparatus" in order to get this set up, but nothing major.
    I believe I have come up with a way to do some "controlled testing" without having to setup a marker. I can monitor recharge rates at a set trigger pull per second/minute without guessing, should be interesting.

Is there any verified data for BPS/CPS running the MSV-2?
    Initial tests will be set at 11 then 22 cycles per second. This is actually a double test of sorts, I'm curious how well the MSV-2 performs at a higher cycle rate. I'm thinking 11-22 CPS will cover all expectations but I welcome your input.
    I'll test the LPR at different ranges but is there a PSI you guys have found that works best?

Got the lpr tester pieces machined today, now just waiting on the rest of the air fittings and hose to arrive.