Thread: Retro Valve Rebuild Qusetion

Retro Valve Rebuild Qusetion

possibly a silly question, do i use a "RT O-Ring Replacement Kit" to rebuild a Retro Valve 68 Micromag? I have one sitting around that needs to rise from the dead.

thanks.

Lots of things in the RT kit would work fine, but you'd be better off just picking up an X-valve rebuild kit since the ReTro and the X use all the same parts.

The RT kit would be better suited for any valve with a level 7 bolt. The X-valve kit would be better suited for any valve with a level 10 bolt.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I didn't even know x-valves had rebuild kits. Its okay though, since I mentioned it was "possibly a silly question" it absolves me of looking foolish. Like saying "don't take this personally" before asking someone why there dad would ever sleep with their mom. The person is not allowed to be mad. It's the law.

I didn't think it was a silly question at all. Originally the rebuild kits for the X-valves were the RT kits, but you had to order level 10 parts separately and you had level 7 specific parts in the kit that would never be used in and X-valve. So, AGD came up with the X-valve kit that removed level 7 components and added level 10 components. It was called the X-valve kit to differentiate it from the RT kit.