Thread: X-Valve venting air - How do i fix this?

X-Valve venting air - How do i fix this?

So, I have an x-Valve mag that I love, but recently its started venting air from the regulator adjustment cap. It is venting from the hole where the allen key is inserted. It does it consistently in small puffs when I fire the marker and occasionally dumps a large amount of air out the back until the trigger is held down. Any help would be appreciated. I've already changed the o-rings on the brass spring seat and the small one that the steel stem rides inside.

Also, I'm running a SHP reg at 1100 PSI and the efficiency insert. Is my input pressure too high maybe?

First, try turning down the velocity. If that doesn't work, try changing/cleaning the reg piston oring. If that doesn't work, you may have to replace the reg piston.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    First, try turning down the velocity. If that doesn't work, try changing/cleaning the reg piston oring. If that doesn't work, you may have to replace the reg piston.
    ok. what should I be lubing the regulator piston with?

With whatever you're lubing the rest of the valve with. One drop will do the trick. Make sure you clean out the reg piston housing with a q-tip too.

Your symptoms would indicate a regulator seat oring issue or a weak regulator piston assembly. Since you are running an X-valve, I would expect that the regulator piston assembly is a high pressure version and it should be ok. They don't usually go bad, but it has happened. Even though you have changed the regulator seat oring, I would check it and the area around it including the brass piece and the valve and give everything a good cleaning. A piece of dirt could cause a bad sealing edge.

Lube the regulator piston assembly with the same synthetic light oil that you use to lubricate your mag valve with on a daily basis.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.