Thread: 3000psi Ninja Reg Question

3000psi Ninja Reg Question

If you put a 3000psi output reg on a larger bottle 112ci, could you use that as a fill station for smaller bottles? What would you need between the 2 regs, just a quick disconnect with a slide check?

Yes and yes. That, or instead of a slide check you can use an on/off venting ASA. You won't get fills up to 3k though, not even on your first fill. And you won't get many fills at all.

Is the tank you're talking about a 4500PSI or 3000PSI rated tank?

If it's a 3K PSI tank, forget about it.

If it's a 4500, get the ninja 3K PSI output reg and, their PCP 13ci fill station and you'll have the best portable fill station for 13ci tanks on the market. Even a 90ci 4500 Tank is good for filling nearly three 13ci tanks.

I asked the same question 3 years ago, and a certain number of people poo-poo'd the idea. Lot of poo-poo going around these parts.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?250643

It's interesting that Ninja's straight up making the kits now; I'll assume the fill station parts really are 3k rated.

Personally, I think it's easier to just tap the high pressure side (think gauge) of a tank regulator and use a proper high pressure rated fill whip. The trick is the on/off/bleed.

Apparently the Centerflag regs have a high-side on/off/bleed built in; I picked one up for this purpose but never got around to actually trying it out.

I don't think you need to get a full fill off of it to be useful; sometimes it's just helpful to be able to top off a tank if the remote fill station is being a little gimpy. Say you're playing with a 13ci tank and the back fill station is only filling to 1500 or so.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

As stated above. All depends on the size of the tank you want to fill. Because a 110ci tank won't even begin to fill a 68ci tank. But a nice scuba tank works great. You are basically using a storage tank to fill a storage tank. So you need a large line side tank to get any fills on the load side.

If you tap the HP-side of a reg, you're going to output whatever the pressure of the tank is and each fill will be lower and lower. If your source tank is a 4500, then don't even think of filling 13 or even a 22ci tank since those peak out at 3K and you're likely to blow their burst discs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    As stated above. All depends on the size of the tank you want to fill. Because a 110ci tank won't even begin to fill a 68ci tank. But a nice scuba tank works great. You are basically using a storage tank to fill a storage tank. So you need a large line side tank to get any fills on the load side.
    Bingo. I've also done this, so I'm not poo pooing any ideas, I'm just speaking from experience. What I didn't expect is that you'd simply be wanting to fill a 13/3000 off a 112/4500. When I've seen this question come up in the past it was in the context of taking some air off a buddy's tank via a remote line with slide check while in a game, so that's immediately what I thought. A 13/3000 might get a decent fill off a 112/4500. It would be kind of like filling a 68ci tank off a Scuba, only smaller scale on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
    If you tap the HP-side of a reg, you're going to output whatever the pressure of the tank is and each fill will be lower and lower. If your source tank is a 4500, then don't even think of filling 13 or even a 22ci tank since those peak out at 3K and you're likely to blow their burst discs.
    I think the OP was talking about getting a Ninja 3000 psi output tank regulator. I assume that would have to be ordered custom from Ninja though?

I don't know if I like the way the reply function is working in the new board software. In Linear mode, it makes it look like I replied to blackdeath, when in fact, I replied to Goatboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I think the OP was talking about getting a Ninja 3000 psi output tank regulator. I assume that would have to be ordered custom from Ninja though?
    I agree (see post 3 if you didn't). You can get the gold anno'ed 3K output reg separately- it's available from Hustle.

I was looking to be cheap at LL6 by buying a 3k reg and using it as a fill tank for the group. Rather than $15 each. Added bonus would be a fill tank for other events.... Doesn't sound like it will be practical and I will just need to pay.

My scuba tank cost me a little over 100 bux. Its a 3500psi steel tank. Works great. If your wanting something for fills. Or was this strictly to slide out of the 15 dollar air fee?

Yeah.... no, you're not going to be saving any money in a scheme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    My scuba tank cost me a little over 100 bux. Its a 3500psi steel tank. Works great. If your wanting something for fills. Or was this strictly to slide out of the 15 dollar air fee?
    Both future fills and save multiple $15 fees.

Scuba tank is nice If you don't have fill station close by or go to "outlaw" fields that don't have filling options. Other than that I don't think it's really worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    Both future fills and save multiple $15 fees.
    FYI- "Personal Fill Stations" are prohibited at Living Legends. I'm currently asking Viper if this applies to the Ninja kit.

EDIT: Confirmed- The Ninja PCP Fill Station (3K output reg, hose, on/off, gauge, etc) is not allowed at Living Legends.
    Last edited by uv_halo; 05-02-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
    FYI- "Personal Fill Stations" are prohibited at Living Legends. I'm currently asking Viper if this applies to the Ninja kit.
    I thought they were prohibited basically anywhere that had hpa air supply.