Thread: Would there be any interest in a run of T2W brackets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would there be any interest in a run of T2W brackets?

As many of you know the "stock" part of a T2W is held on by a screw. I have also observed that on Spec Ops stocks the stock adapters, rather it's 98 custom or A-5, are held to the "stock" part by a screw giving us a couple different choices of what style of stock we would like to use. I will try to find pictures to explain it better but we have to see.
    Last edited by Carnage reigns; 05-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I would love a couple brackets exactly like the t2w by spec ops.

I have a couple that can be used as a model if needed

Just FYI, the bracket is made with mounting fingers that are universal to many of the spec ops stocks (skeleton, dogleg, commando, etc). There area lot of stocks that can work on this mounting bracket, although they are not being made anymore.

How does it attach to a mag rail?
    Last edited by luke; 05-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.

It attaches to the grip/frame in the traditional holes commonly used to mount the asa

I find them very comfortable to use with pump markers. I have one on a build waiting for someone to make a mag pump kit.....wink wink

I thought of another stock that many mag users are very familiar with. The longbow kit with the tac1 has one of the stocks that utilize this stock index nubs where someone could take it off the longbow kit and mount it to the t2w bracket through the hex screw that attaches the stock to the t2w offset adapter
    Last edited by barkingspider; 05-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I would love a couple brackets exactly like the t2w by spec ops.

I have a couple that can be used as a model if needed

Just FYI, the bracket is made with mounting fingers that are universal to many of the spec ops stocks (skeleton, dogleg, commando, etc). There area lot of stocks that can work on this mounting bracket, although they are not being made anymore.
    OK, I had it wrong with the a-5 part. Sorry about that.

Another FYI - there would not be any patent infringements on this since it was never originally patented by the original spec ops. After MOATI left he sold a few more batches actually made by the original machinist in north salt lake. After leaving the new spec ops he rebranded it as lucky 7 hardgoods even though it was the same thing made by the same machinist.

And I believe the remade one were put to a stop by a lawsuit.

But there is nothin saying you can't have a custom grip mounting system made for the 98 custom t2w stock. Personally I want two sets of them and had already been making inquiries to Luke about the cost of making some sets up. We decided there probably wouldn't be enough interest to get the cost down. Perhaps if around 25 sets were made, it could be cost effective.

yes, 25 would get me on board..

just to make sure i understand, we are talking about making a bracket to go from the grip frame to the adapter for the stock, not the stock itself? I would absolutely be interested in one, two depending on price!

yep, that's what we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    yep, that's what we are talking about.
    Here are a few pictures I believe displaying the T2W bracket that Carnage was refering to. At least I hope it was since I don't want to distract from his intent, but rather provide visuals of the bracket for those who aren't familar with them. Please let me know if I'm off target Carnage and I'll remove the stuff. I'm trying to walk carefully in a thread I didn't start, but total support and hope that it will come to pass. These are awesome stocks, but the brackets are the hold back since there are a multitude of stocks out there that spec ops made that work with them

This is the bracket made of three pieces. The bracket can be setup for a right handed shooter or left handed shooter.

These are just a few examples of stocks that can be mounted. Below shows a version 1 (metal) air-thru longbow, version 2 (composite), and version 2 (composite) dogleg stocks mounted to the T2W stock adapter

Yea, it was quite amazing how all the interested parties vanished once the preorder thread was up.

Even the original t2w air thru stock was fairly pricey, I'd say your price probably wasn't all that far off on what it would have cost to get those from spec ops. The only factor would be how many more of them spec ops would have made per run.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Yea, it was quite amazing how all the interested parties vanished once the preorder thread was up.
    I don't think you can blame anyone for that though, because without any idea on what something is going to cost, it's easy to be "interested." I realize that the interest thread is a necessary step, because if nobody is interested then there's no need to do the math on what the cost for a run of 25 or 50 will actually be. But you've got to know that it's likely more than half the people who are "interested" have not made anything about the idea their priority in spending, nor have they committed to anything.

No one is mad or anything, I'm just trying to figure out how to make this happen. I can get the price down but I have to make more parts to do it. Lack of response to the sales thread means the price point is too high, but like I said I pretty much expected that. Most of the time I take the up front losses with the expectations of making it up long term way down the road. But, I take those gambles if I think the market will support it or eventually support it, I just cant ride this one out...

I didn't think you were mad or anything, Luke. I was just responding to how people put too much weight into the "gauging interest" threads, getting their hopes up thinking that's going to be an instant 50 preorders. You've got good reason to be cautious about projects like these; even if they end up panning out and being a good idea, the only person really at risk is the person who takes on the project, buys the material and does the work (that's you! haha). I know you're only bringing this one back up because the forum got damaged and we lost some data.

Hopefully this one pans out for the people who really wanted it to go. If it doesn't though, I guess that just means some of your other projects will have to move off the back burner, right? (couldn't resist, lol)

Nah, not mad or even really surprised people would balk at the price. I deal with a local machine shop a lot and know how expensive it can get so I had a good idea of what it would cost and am ok spending the money on the brackets. I was more commenting on how people vanish when it comes time to put up the cash for a project like this. I find it more amusing than anything... I was (and still am) hoping enough people step up to fill the slots.

Otherwise it'll have to wait till I get my milling machine and learn how to use it! (Hahahaha)