Thread: My perfect mask!!!

Cool My perfect mask!!!

:clapping:

Crap! Where did you find an old predator mask?

That's my second one. You did notice the JT lens frame and visor, right? I also have a double strap with a JT one for safety.
    Last edited by mpsd; 06-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Yes I did notice that pretty quick. Man. I wanted one of them all through the late 90s but couldn't ever bring myself to spend the money since my spectra worked fine. Buying paint was more important.

I always loved the way the nose looks "storm trooper like "

not sure how that flappy chin strap would work w/ me ? may end up driving me crazy

I have yet to play with it. Maybe I'll get crazy as well.

But it's nice to have the extra protection available, any way. Avoiding a direct hit on the throat is always good.

Used to see that piece pulled up and banded to the lower part of the nose. Then just hanging down 2 or 3 inches.

Always loved my vents mask! Too bad my local field wouldn't let me use it(SC Village). Most comfortable mask I've ever owned!

They might let you use one like this, with the JT frame and lens instead of the original Vents one. I wouldn't use the original one either, even though I have a perfect one here. The lenses are just too old to be safe, I think.

MOTY3
    Wow that's old school. I remember making some leather shrouds to go on my Jt W. Snappers after seeing the Vents mask.

I always liked my Vents Predator masks. They are comfortable. I used them until about 11 years ago. Too bad they aren't certified for use.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    I always liked my Vents Predator masks. They are comfortable. I used them until about 11 years ago. Too bad they aren't certified for use.
    What about the newer Vents Rage? Where they ok to use? I know the lenses were different.

I think the problem with the old lenses is that they are too old now to be considered safe. That's why I modded the mask to use a current JT frame and lenses. This way I can still have the old Vents looks and be safe if I take a shot.

Its not that the lenses were old. Its that they were never certified by a testing agency so field insurance doesn't cover any fields using them. Therefore, they aren't allowed to be used in tournaments or by private fields. The same holds true for older JT masks, and a few others kicking around. All newer masks have to meet a certification level. You'll see reference to that in their specification literature. It doesn't specifically make them any more safe, but at least you know the design passed an impact test. Previously, any lexan goggle could pass as a paintball mask without any real safety data to back it up.

I knew that at some point the certification happened and I'm scared to see the old pictures with people playing with shop goggles but I thought that happened in the beginning of the 90's just before we started to use "real paintball masks".

Always learning something!! Hail to AO's wisdom! LOL