Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would there be any interest in a run of T2W brackets?

Would there be any interest in a run of T2W brackets?

As many of you know the "stock" part of a T2W is held on by a screw. I have also observed that on Spec Ops stocks the stock adapters, rather it's 98 custom or A-5, are held to the "stock" part by a screw giving us a couple different choices of what style of stock we would like to use. I will try to find pictures to explain it better but we have to see.
    Last edited by Carnage reigns; 05-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I would love a couple brackets exactly like the t2w by spec ops.

I have a couple that can be used as a model if needed

Just FYI, the bracket is made with mounting fingers that are universal to many of the spec ops stocks (skeleton, dogleg, commando, etc). There area lot of stocks that can work on this mounting bracket, although they are not being made anymore.

How does it attach to a mag rail?
    Last edited by luke; 05-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.

It attaches to the grip/frame in the traditional holes commonly used to mount the asa

I find them very comfortable to use with pump markers. I have one on a build waiting for someone to make a mag pump kit.....wink wink

I thought of another stock that many mag users are very familiar with. The longbow kit with the tac1 has one of the stocks that utilize this stock index nubs where someone could take it off the longbow kit and mount it to the t2w bracket through the hex screw that attaches the stock to the t2w offset adapter
    Last edited by barkingspider; 05-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I would love a couple brackets exactly like the t2w by spec ops.

I have a couple that can be used as a model if needed

Just FYI, the bracket is made with mounting fingers that are universal to many of the spec ops stocks (skeleton, dogleg, commando, etc). There area lot of stocks that can work on this mounting bracket, although they are not being made anymore.
    OK, I had it wrong with the a-5 part. Sorry about that.

Another FYI - there would not be any patent infringements on this since it was never originally patented by the original spec ops. After MOATI left he sold a few more batches actually made by the original machinist in north salt lake. After leaving the new spec ops he rebranded it as lucky 7 hardgoods even though it was the same thing made by the same machinist.

And I believe the remade one were put to a stop by a lawsuit.

But there is nothin saying you can't have a custom grip mounting system made for the 98 custom t2w stock. Personally I want two sets of them and had already been making inquiries to Luke about the cost of making some sets up. We decided there probably wouldn't be enough interest to get the cost down. Perhaps if around 25 sets were made, it could be cost effective.

yes, 25 would get me on board..

just to make sure i understand, we are talking about making a bracket to go from the grip frame to the adapter for the stock, not the stock itself? I would absolutely be interested in one, two depending on price!

yep, that's what we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    yep, that's what we are talking about.
    Here are a few pictures I believe displaying the T2W bracket that Carnage was refering to. At least I hope it was since I don't want to distract from his intent, but rather provide visuals of the bracket for those who aren't familar with them. Please let me know if I'm off target Carnage and I'll remove the stuff. I'm trying to walk carefully in a thread I didn't start, but total support and hope that it will come to pass. These are awesome stocks, but the brackets are the hold back since there are a multitude of stocks out there that spec ops made that work with them

This is the bracket made of three pieces. The bracket can be setup for a right handed shooter or left handed shooter.

These are just a few examples of stocks that can be mounted. Below shows a version 1 (metal) air-thru longbow, version 2 (composite), and version 2 (composite) dogleg stocks mounted to the T2W stock adapter

^^Thats exactly what i was taking about. Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by Carnage reigns; 05-03-2013 at 05:29 AM.

this is a maybe depending on price

I don't want this thread to die. What is the best way to get the info out without a target cost? I am sure of other interest on some of the other forums, but its hard to nail it down without some what of a tentative or targeted pricing model.

I don't think it will be difficult to get to the 25 count on Luke's number of minimum to do a run

Last edited by luke; 05-27-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    That is correct

I think this product could benefit alot more people than stated here.

That is not something that can be banked on, people always see the market to be much broader than it actually is.
    I actually have my doubts that we can even fill an order of 25.

So if we did a run of at least 25 that's actually 75 parts I need to make, so this wont be a cheap accessory in the two digit range.

Let me know on price! looks like they were $70 new
    http://www.specialopspaintball.com/s...t2w-stock.html

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteN0ise View Post
    Let me know on price! looks like they were $70 new
    http://www.specialopspaintball.com/s...t2w-stock.html
    That price includes a stock, this thread is for just the adapter and not the stock

That has always been my thought since these stocks have very high resale and never seem to last. The limiting factor on the used market is the brackets since there are a lot of stocks floating around that can be mounted to the bracket. However, I think Luke speaks the truth when stating interest isnt a linear translation to sales after goods are produced. I was trying to rekindle potential interest with a good estimate of potential cost since the majority of interest would be from other forums is my guess
    Last edited by barkingspider; 05-05-2013 at 11:08 AM.

In general I have found that about 30% of the people that express interest in a new product end up being immediate customers. And a small fraction of customers are lurking out there unaware of the product until people start talking about it and posting pictures, generating interest. However, parts popularity takes far longer to gain interest than people may understand. Sometimes I'm willing to gamble and just make the parts and other times I need to do a preorder. My gut on this project tells me it will be a difficult sale, but rest assured I hope we can get it off the ground.
    Hi Luke,

I have been looking for a T2W stock for quite some time and although I found the air thru the stock for a tippmann 98, I need this bracket that you are referring to. Please put me down for two and let me know if I can send you the funds via paypal. -Jeff

We should start an official interest thread to keep track of who wants one, and how many they want. See how close we really are to getting the 25 minimum..

I would interested in a full stock setup though.

Gas thru would be a strong plus / consideration as well.

You can find the 98c air through stock for as low as $40.. getting a mold for the plastic stock would be kind of a pain. unless someone wanted to design a whole new stock.. and simply attach the mounting brackets... honestly, the mounting brackets are what everyone loves so much because of their versatility...

So Luke, how about making an entire air through stock? Something simple with the air attachment in the back, using the three pieces to mount it?

well, I'd definitely love to find one at that pruce, where I could get a 98c airthrough stock? I've already got a gen2, non airthrough T2W and I'd love to swap the non airthrough stock for an airthrough one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    well, I'd definitely love to find one at that pruce, where I could get a 98c airthrough stock? I've already got a gen2, non airthrough T2W and I'd love to swap the non airthrough stock for an airthrough one.
    Look on amazon via dorosports

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OS...sr=8-3&pi=SL75

I would account for 6 brackets. This total is some what predicated on reasonable price of bracket. My total includes grubs needs as well. I would vote for the black powder coating that Luke does as well. It would all flow together very well.

Has anyone got a bracket they can loan?

Has anyone got a bracket they can loan?
    Yep, the one in the picture is ready to be your model

Looks like I will have a non-airthrough 98c Longbow stock for sale soon, found an airthrough one to replace mine. Would be a perfect candidate for this project