Thread: What is the most efficient valve design?

What is the most efficient valve design?

So I suppose I should begin this post by letting you all know I have been on about a 6 year hiatus from paintball. Some of the old members here on SO may still remember me; if they're still around... Marriage, graduating college, a real job, two kids later and here I am. So that brings me to my question; I realize there have been a lot of changes and innovations since I left the game, but what is the most efficient valve type/marker out there? Where does the mag rank in relation to most?

Bob long insight is rediculously efficient, but who needs efficiency when air at most fields is free... mags are still number 1 for coolness, just low on the efficiency

my wifes enmey this weekend... she asked if she needed air.

the gauge on the tank, the needle was touching the zero. "did you fill this at all today?!"

"no"

"was it still shooting?!"

"yes"

jaw open

"yes you need air"

this was about 2 hours after we started playing

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    Bob long insight is rediculously efficient, but who needs efficiency when air at most fields is free... mags are still number 1 for coolness, just low on the efficiency
    Almost 4 Dye locklids and a 250 round high capacity Rotor off a 68/45 with 3k in it.
    Just last saturday. Is that air efficient enough ?
    I only carry 4 pods anyway.
    It was this marker :

Mags aren't bad for efficiency. I shot a hopper and 3 pods off 2500 in a 68 this weekend. That was plenty for me with a fill station open at the field.

My Magno'ed B2'ed DLITE'd Angel A1 and my Excalibur both shoot well over a case on a full 68/45... Around a case and a quarter.

So in order to take full advantage you would need to take a hopper full and approximately 12 pods on to the field with you?

I always hear these debates and wonder about it. In my case I no longer play outlaw fields so I always play where there is air available, as long as I can shoot a hopper and 2 pods im happy with the marker efficiency, as I always air up on my way in.

If the marker gets a hopper and 4 pods of paintboff a 68/45 fill do you honestly need more for your average game?

I can see the point where a speedball player would need more efficiency to shoot his 3/4 case of paint in the one game, but thats definitely not the norm.