Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Simon up to now??!

yes and yes

...and get ready for the prices of used Halos to go through the roof in 5..4...3..2...

I may not ever use one of these but the concept is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! The fact that you reached out to fill a need that the paintball community has been asking about for a long time is incredible!!!!!!

So, this is great! Any chance someone will actually sell those shells for the ones who don't have access to a 3D printer?

And, Simon, why use the old screw based design to hold the two halves together? Wouldn't it be possible to make something that doesn't use screws, as the most modern hoppers are doing? Or at least have the top of the shell come out without tools for an easier cleaning?

Anyways, I'm definitely in for one!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    So, this is great! Any chance someone will actually sell those shells for the ones who don't have access to a 3D printer?

And, Simon, why use the old screw based design to hold the two halves together? Wouldn't it be possible to make something that doesn't use screws, as the most modern hoppers are doing? Or at least have the top of the shell come out without tools for an easier cleaning?

Anyways, I'm definitely in for one!
    theres a few places online you can send the docs provided to and they will send a quote and make it.

google shapeways or sculpteo

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I have to say, that's a pretty good suggestion for an upgraded version.

well first quote i received is $165

That's actually good. I just found a local company here in Brazil that has an online quoting system where you upload the file and they give you the price. US$ 390 just for the left shell! LOL

We should do an interest thread and then order a bunch of them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak View Post
    well first quote i received is $165
    Was that for one? How about quantity pricing? What if we got a group together and put an order in?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Was that for one? How about quantity pricing? What if we got a group together and put an order in?
    I also got a message when uploading it saying that the dimensions should be changed or breaking is a risk.

I am still shopping around but there were discounts for groups of course, however nut much. 200~ to get it around 130~, and even after 1k orders it did not go below 130

I am going to keep shopping around and report back if i find something worthwhile

Meh. Jinxed myself.

If there were enough people interested, what I would do is 3-d print a negative mold to pour silicone into and make silicone molds, then cast them as urethane. Amortize the cost of the 3-d print across interested parties.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Meh. Jinxed myself.

If there were enough people interested, what I would do is 3-d print a negative mold to pour silicone into and make silicone molds, then cast them as urethane. Amortize the cost of the 3-d print across interested parties.

Interesting. I have some experience with that stuff. The problem is that the final product might be fragile?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Interesting. I have some experience with that stuff. The problem is that the final product might be fragile?
    I was reading up on casting stuff here a while back:

http://blog.makezine.com/2013/05/02/...plastic-parts/

He makes mention of an IE-3075 resin which might be strong enough.

watching

This is pretty darn hot, even if it's a cocker.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Yea Damn! I asked. No mag bodies in that style.