Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Simon up to now??!

Exclamation What is Simon up to now??!

Quote Originally Posted by simon
    Once again I find myself thinking how amazing the support I have from all of my friends and players in the industry. Had a great weekend at the MAO PSP last weekend. It's made me think of doing something revolutionary in the paintball industry... some BIG, no HUGE, news coming in the next few weeks. Baby steps to start with but once I get to running... until then I want to let everyone know that my new company is called Inception Designs. The website will be www.inceptiondesigns.com, the facebook page will be https://www.facebook.com/InceptionDes the youtube channel will be http://www.youtube.com/inceptiondes the instagram will be http://instagram.com/InceptionDesigns/ time so subscribe or follow if you want to hear the news first

Let the rumors begin!!

Wink Mounts

I tried videoing paintball games while I was playing.
    It distracted my play, so I dont do it any more.
    But good luck with the new product.

Last edited by going_home; 05-07-2013 at 08:34 PM.

he's making mags... oh god I hope

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Maybe he will let the cat out at Tuna ball ?

keep feeding him alcohol and i'm sure he'll let something slip. the way to the secrets are through his liver.

I can see it now. New mags everywhere. New mags everywhere!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Let the rumors begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    keep feeding him alcohol and i'm sure he'll let something slip. the way to the secrets are through his liver.
    Passing through the blender on the way!

I'm curious to know what he's making myself....he's gotta be up to something good to buy two brand new CNC machines. I have a million and one ideas myself for all kinds of stuff but I'm just too short on time to make it happen.....Simion sure has had his hands on allot of the equipment that makes our sport so great today.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Thanks for the support guys, but if it was me, they were embellishing the story somewhat.

I have 4000 sq ft of workshop and office space, not 10k

I do have brand new machines made in the USA to make more stuff in the USA. :tup: :tup:

I do not have large freight deliveries regularly unless you count the machines since I am making stuff here and sending it out, if anything things are going the other way.

I am still small, but have BIG plans. Some huge news to come next week with which I may cause a paradigm shift (again ), we shall see. It's certainly something people in this thread will be interested in.

Facebook is up, and the website/store should be up before the end of next week.

I will be at Living Legends with t-shirts/hats/some product and some very cool stuff that you will want to check out in person if you are going...

BTW, I once made 50 cal drop in feeder systems to update a Prophecy or Z2. There was a video somewhere of Bob Long using one. Nice work on the Rotor system Andrew :tup:
    hmmmm, from PBN

He will also be at Tunaball 7

/shameless plug

Simon is Manike on here? right?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Simon is Manike on here? right?
    Affirmative.

he just posted that he will be reveiling something at legends

he just posted that he will be reveiling something at legends
    If it has anything to do with the large amounts of alcohol BE will be feeding him, I'm willing to bet that he will only be revealing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    If it has anything to do with the large amounts of alcohol BE will be feeding him, I'm willing to bet that he will only be revealing himself.
    A) that's funny, B) I may be the vice president of the RPG fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Time to do something differently! You will not believe what I am going to open source and give away for ever to the paintball community next week.

This is where things are going to get interesting.

Over my years at NPS/KEE/Empire I have always helped people wanting to make parts and accessories for the products I have brought to market (it's kind of how I started in this business myself). I am going to continue that with Inception Designs, and actually go one step further and put it into my business plan. Making files for certain parts and options open source when they aren't critical to the functionality and reputation of the core product. I am also going to make parts and components available in a "raw" state to encourage people, fields and stores to make custom versions and put their own twist onto their products. Obviously I will have finished goods too for those that just want to just take it and play

Maybe this mindset will be a kick in the industries arse, and a paradigm shift in the industries way of thinking and bringing the industry back to the days when we worked together and everyone was more friendly.

Big news to follow in the next few days and as I get the forums set up over at simonized.com . I'm working my butt off right now, but getting there one step at a time.

There are also many occasions where I have made parts or prototypes just for myself because I wanted them. Sometimes this ends up in industry paradigm shifting products like forcefeed loaders and sometimes it never makes it to the light of day because the "numbers just didn't make sense".

Also in the future if I have already done the work, but the "numbers" don't make sense (like the First Strike magazine for the Empire Trracer, or the bottom line kit for that gun) as I have limited resources to invest, rather than box it away never to see the light of day, I am going to release it to the community and give it a chance at life. If the community embraces it and the open source project is a success, who knows maybe we will continue with the community and do something like a kickstarter project to bring it all the way to fruition.

I've had too many cool things stuck in a closet and not make it out. It's time for a paradigm shift and for the community to have more options and more control of the products it wants.

This week I will give away the files to something big so anyone can go and make it via rapid prototyping machines. I will also have prototypes with me at the CPX Living Legends game for people to check out in person!

Show me if you care about this kind of think by liking the homepage, and start guessing in the comments to see what it will be

http://simonized.com/forumdisplay.ph...ns-Open-Source

Hello everyone, and thank you all so much for the support. The support I have had from the community since I left KEE has simply left me mind blown. That's one of the reasons why I am so excited to be able to give back with the open source concept.

Some of what I am doing will need to remain a secret until it lands, but where I can, I am open to answer any questions you may have. Starting with yes, manike = Simon

Quote Originally Posted by manike View Post
    manike = Simon
    I thought manike = mom and dad.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought manike = mom and dad.
    Leave the humor to me and make sure you got your end mills all sharpened and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Leave the humor to me and make sure you got your end mills all sharpened and ready to go
    I use carbide, they're always sharp.
    You ever gonna send me some work??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I use carbide, they're always sharp.
    You ever gonna send me some work??
    Sigh.. one day I will have money.

Hershey Park week after Tunaball, Disney in Dec. Want to buy some pb guns?

I still think it could be mag related

I still think it could be mag related
    Wishful thinking probably. It'll awesome if it does happen. I think it might at sometime maybe. Probably not gonna be the first jack out of the box.

I kind of figured this was where he was going with this (manike has been very helpful with technical data on his own forum), but I dared not openly hope it for fear of jinxing myself.

Exercising my rare skill of reading comprehension, he's indicating the "opening" of specifications for stuff that isn't part of a core gun per se. So that probably means all the stuff in the ecosystem around a gun.

I mean he literally gave two examples already with the Trracer (ironically two projects I've considered). That gun... I swear. So much untapped potential.

Anyways, looking across the landscape, you've got barrels (which he's already helped us out with), grips, possibly triggers, and external body mods (feed options). Even a regulator (which is PAINFULLY missing from the Trracer) is fair game. Maybe a core gun which has space on it which accepts user-designed add-ons for which the specifications are open.

Hopefully the specifications and any files will be provided in some open format, or something can be sucked into a freely available tool, as it doesn't make a lot of sense to drop a couple hundred dollars on CAD software to design a $10 part.

That's half the battle.

The other half of the battle is *actually getting stuff made*. That so far seems to be the unspoken nugget...
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Beat me to it. I was trying to do the rounds

Open source files available for download so you can make your own are on my website

awesome!

Haha!! When the hint was "something big" I instantly thought of the unicorn 100rd agitated hopper that all pump players seem to be wanting. Good deal!

Holy mother of all that is good & pure !!!!!

I have been waiting for someone to come out with (come up with ) a 100 round Halo shell
    where u can use the internals from any halo type loader
    Awesome !!!!

also luvin the sloped front nose design on it , looks good & increases the odds of getting a ball skid