Thread: i cant stand outlook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i cant stand outlook

so i used to use my hotmail account for everything, and they switched over to outlook express and ruined the whole system...make you change password too often and now i forgot my 2 email passwords soooooooo.......does gmail or yahoo have these annoying problems...?

Question

Been using Gmail since the first Android phone came out in 2007.
    Works great, I rarely get any spam and I give it out in my business to everyone.

Been using hotmail since 1997, or was it 99, I forget.
    Always got tons of spam.
    Although never had to change my password ?

well mine for some reason changed to 'outlook' and its tries to be way to pretty for email...im going to be changing over to gmail now...makes me want to cut off all contact with my old email as it were a horrible x girlfriend or something

Man, I have been frustrated with this too! Why not leave a "hotmail classic" mode or something? This irks me even more than my cable company insisting on a "new, modern" menu layout for you to learn every few months or Xbox switching over to the cluttered eyesore that is the dashboard it has now...

I think my biggest issue is when I go through my messages, rather than selecting things to delete or save or spamflag on the fly, now I have to select them, watch the little dots in the upper left hand corner dance around, then wait for all of the options to load one by one in the ever-changing task bar at the top of the page. It takes too long on my gaming PC with a hardwired connection - on my netbook (aka paintballforumbook) it takes forever.

Gmail is REALLY a stickler when it comes to spam filtering. Quite the PITA for somebody like myself who does email marketing.

Out of all the free services, theirs is the one who you'll have the least problem with unwanted emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Gmail is REALLY a stickler when it comes to spam filtering. Quite the PITA for somebody like myself who does email marketing.

Out of all the free services, theirs is the one who you'll have the least problem with unwanted emails.
    QFT.

Google doesn't want anybody doing any advertising other than the people who pay them to monitor the crap out of every breath you take within 10ft of an open search window, android device, youtube video, etc and then buy access to your life to better their chances of selling you something.

If only it wasn't such a great search engine, operating system and webmail provider.