Thread: ugh, frustrated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ugh, frustrated

So i pulled out my 2 mags that have been sitting since last summer, put a few drops of oil in the macro line fitting and aired them up and they both leaked down the barrel but went away with a squeeze of the trigger. One is an emag valve with a level 10, I went down 1/2 of a carrier size and that one seems to be running like a champ. The other is an x-valve with level 10 and ULT, I tried to go down 1/2 a carrier size with that one and I had bolt stick issues, it would fire but would not always reset so I would have to reach down the feed tub and push the bolt back to reset it. Since I could have this I decided to go back to the original carrier with a new carrier o-ring but I have the same problem with air leaking down the barrel but going away when the trigger is pulled. I have tried removing all powertip shims as well, I just can seem to get rid of this leak.

Any suggestions?

Anyone on here in upstate NY that might be willing to give me a hand?

Was just dealing with this for all 3 of my LX mags. After searching the forum I found a bunch of suggestions to remove the shims from behind the carrier. I did so and it worked on all 3.

I did that already.

if you removed the shims, then change the carrier. then if bolt stick, add in a shim, and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    if you removed the shims, then change the carrier. then if bolt stick, add in a shim, and try again.
    I am under the impression that the carrier tightness is what causes bolt stick and that shims only determine how quickly the bolt will vent when it comes in contact with an obstruction. Is that incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    I am under the impression that the carrier tightness is what causes bolt stick and that shims only determine how quickly the bolt will vent when it comes in contact with an obstruction. Is that incorrect?
    that is correct...most of the big Dawgs dont even recommend using the shims...they are basically there for fine tuning.

Make sure the thumbscrew in the back is not too tight!