Thread: ProLine Auto Response Trigger Frame issue

ProLine Auto Response Trigger Frame issue

I am new to the forum. I have been playing paintball since 1989/90 and have always wanted an automag. Recently I acquired 2 original automags. They needed seal replacements but with a little help, I was able to get them both working. The owner of one of the mags that I bought threw in a proline autoresponse trigger frame. With a little trial and error (and youtube videos) I was able to install the frame. My buddy has a similar auto reponse frame and it is suppose to fire on the trigger pull and release. This one is very unpredictable. It sometimes fires on the pull and release. It sometimes fires 3 times. It fires if the frame is knocked into. I have not fired paint or reballs through it with the grip installed. With the unpredictability of it, I'm worried I'm going to be chopping paint. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust this? I'm not sure if it needs a new spring or even if the spring that is installed is original. I would like to replace the spring. Is this an original spring? Any suggestions on where to get a replacement? Could it need a new sear? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try and post pictures. Please ask me if any more angles are needed and I'll do my best.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

need a side shot of the sear.

also if youre going to LL6 I can look at it

Name:  DSC_4340.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  29.8 KBThis is a pic of the side of the sear.

I've never had this problem with an autoresponse and I would suspect the sear... or maybe even a worn bolt or body clearnace issue. I can't say for sure since its not in front of me.

Try swapping parts with the other mag one at a time.

from the pictures, looks like the frame was rarely used, spring looks original and in good condition. I have you tried putting a regular frame on the set up, that way you check if its the frame giving issues, valve or something else.

Both mags shoot great with a normal frame. However, I only tried the auto response frame on one of the mag bodies. When I get home from work today I'll try it on the other one. Also, I bought a new bolt, although both of the original bolts look good, I'll try that in the mix too.

When I got home I had all intentions of trying the response frame on the other mag body but without realizing, I put it back on the first one and it worked flawlessly. This time the sear dropped in much easier. I guess the sear wasn't seated properly the first time. I shot about 400 reballs through it and was very happy with it. It suffered a few under powered shots (just barely getting out the barrel) under fast shooting but I think I may have been short stroking the trigger. This mag is setup as a vertical bottle. I'll probably add on a drop forward. Would a gas through grip provide a better supply of air under faster shooting conditions or it really doesn't matter? I'm using HPA.

It's more likely that your classic valve just can't recharge fast enough. I think the recharge cap was 12bps if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    It's more likely that your classic valve just can't recharge fast enough. I think the recharge cap was 12bps if I remember correctly.
    It needs about 60 msec to recharge with a decent on/off opening. That's about 16-17 bps if you have electro precision. With some porting, you can hit 18 with an electro frame, which is about a 55 msec recharge.

I expect that the let-off on that frame doesn't release the sear for very long or far when it fires the second time. You may have to re-train your finger for a slower let-off than you normally would use with a stock frame.

get a rt on/off thatll help a little bit, there are some other tricks but do that one first

Thanks for the help. I'll try and get a RT on/off and I'll let you know how that works out. It'll probably take a few weeks but I'll post again once I get one installed.

A nice consistent pull and release action works best with the response frame. Don't try to hit the super high speeds by feathering the trigger. As commented above, you won't allow the valve to fully charge after the trigger pull before it attempts to fire again on the release of the trigger. Remember, you only have to pull and release the trigger 6 times to get 12bps.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

This is my first automag. My buddy has always used one, so I am somewhat familar with them but there is DEFINITELY a learning curve. I shot about another 200-300 reballs through it again last night (got a new barrel that perfectly fits my reballs). I think I short stroked the trigger twice. I am very happy with the accuracy. I set up a blanket in my garage to shoot at (at about 50'). When I am slow firing they hit the blanket and then boucne into a box underneath. However, under high rates of fire with tight grouping, I have been hitting the previous reballs before they have a chance to fall into the box. Makes clean up harder (they bounce all over the place). I looked up RT on/offs online. Is $35 (plus shipping) for the full assembly reasonable? Any site/source suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    I looked up RT on/offs online. Is $35 (plus shipping) for the full assembly reasonable? Any site/source suggestions?
    Tunamart or directly from AGD. Link to Tunas site is also at the top of every page in here.