Thread: Question for Tom Kaye

Question for Tom Kaye

Mr.Kaye, I work for Wayne Dollack and he is interested in selling a custom Automag he bought from you personally way back when. It is a classic mag but has a warp feed mounted to the bottom of the kit to resemble a drum on a WWII era German MG 42 replica. Wayne would like to know it's value before he/I lists it. He says he bought it for around 700.00 from you, but the retail on it was higher. I will have pics of it tomorrow.

The guys here would be able to tell you better than I could.

TK

Pictures are all we need....

After all, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, and even then only if they're able to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Pictures are all we need....

After all, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, and even then only if they're able to pay.

well i paid over 600 for my Rt years ago, and now i dont think i could sell it for that lol.

MG-42 Machinegun

Features:

1. Front bipod folds and locks in up and down positions. Legs extend.

2. Aluminum parts are black anodized, not painted.

3. Available in semi-auto (shown), and full-auto versions.

4. The replica is constructed using a brand-new Airgun Designs Automag Classic paintgun.

5. Bottom line equipped.

6. 12" carbon fiber barrel.

7. Comes with:

Tool Kit
    Airgun Designs owners manual and video tape
    Disassembly instructions

Price Information
    Each gun is made to order. Delivery time is approximately three weeks.

Semi-Auto version price is $899.00. A $100.00 deposit is required with order.

Add a Centerflag electronic Hyperframe for automatic fire capability for only $260.00 more. Go to www.centerflagproducts.com for more information on the Hyperframe electronic triggerframe.

This gun may be in stock and available for immediate shipment. See order information page for a listing of guns that are currently in stock.
    I'm not too sure how many collectors are out there for MG-42 automags, but it still is an interesting piece of AGD history.

I recall these being for sale on the RAP4 site many many years ago... As I recall they were in the $1000 range.

That said, as much as I love 'mags, it appears to be (like so many milsim markers) all kit and no gun. Am I wrong to assume that it's a stainless rightfeed body, classic valve, and classic frame? A formidable marker on it's own to say the lease but hardly a "machinegun" in the same way an X-Valved marker with a warp-right ULE body might be were they stuffed into there... Maybe even an Emag frame with the battery relocated to somewhere else in the body kit.

I'm sure there's a collectability factor, but I myself would list it for $600 or best offer and see what happens.

If it looks like what Bunny posted up it's pretty cool. Would be fun to hook up an SHP fed Xvalve and take it to the field. Also would like to know if the kit around it is modded real steel, airsoft replica or...?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    ...Would be fun to hook up an SHP fed Xvalve and take it to the field. ...
    With an ammo bearer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    With an ammo bearer too.
    nah, warp fed with a side mounted ammo box that holds 500 rounds

That would be it, thanks for the pics Bunny. I forgot to bring my camera to the field, so many other things going on between the scenarios, Haunted Trail and general upkeep to the field. It looks exactly like the pic except it has a warp feed mounted on the bottom and it's sideways to mimic a drum mag. I told Wayne about the X-Valve as well as the RT/Retro etc and the SHP reg as well as the field manager (I told him this would be wicked on our new tank) but Ms.Jackie stepped in and started talking about safety, insurance, etc and took the wind out of our sails, lol. Wayne said he bought it from Tom at one of his games, Tom had a vendors booth set-up and gave him a deal on it, So thats why I figured I would go straight to the source.