Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For everyone who is NOT on a team

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    im down for anything that get produced for this topic, tshirt,patch jersey, patched jersey, jakets, anything,
    i just let me know when to send the investment money.

if we need startup cash, let me know, ill try and see what i can do to help.
    Got the ao army assault tank in production as we speak. Looks like we have a buyer!

I'm down for something.

I prefer the original Mag-Pies concept to the AO-ARMY. I'm down for either but the former seems more fun and ambiguous while the later is bland and would seem to imply that we think we are tough. Same reason I don't like Tappout apparel.

I dig the idea of going with both. As in The Mag-Pies are the AO-ARMY. Either way I can help with the design stuff. I used to do allot of sig-images around here.

BT, this is your baby so you take point. If you want help from me just ask, I have the time. First thing I would do is draw us our own pair of toon Magpies.
    For reference a good deal of my work can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Zach.Sundberg.Creative

LMK

MOTY3
    If there are going to be T-shirts available I will definately be down for that. Short sleave for whatever and a long sleave for playing in .

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    I prefer the original Mag-Pies concept to the AO-ARMY. I'm down for either but the former seems more fun and ambiguous while the later is bland and would seem to imply that we think we are tough. Same reason I don't like Tappout apparel.

I dig the idea of going with both. As in The Mag-Pies are the AO-ARMY. Either way I can help with the design stuff. I used to do allot of sig-images around here.

BT, this is your baby so you take point. If you want help from me just ask, I have the time. First thing I would do is draw us our own pair of toon Magpies.
    For reference a good deal of my work can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Zach.Sundberg.Creative

LMK
    The reason for the AO Army is to simplify the patches. the tshirts and jerseys will be heavily magpie.

as in the magpies are the AO Army

and I wanted to include in the creed.

Will you use the words "magpie" or just the logo?

I'll be in for a few patches and a tshirt. The jersey will depend on the finished product and what company is being used to make them.

Judging from his portfolio I'd really love to see a design from pgop2.0.

Ps. Count me in.

MOTY3
    Did I say i was in...I'm in.

On the magpie logo I would vote to do away with two things, the emag and the arm band on the MP holding the pie.
    Then redraw the MP (That is holding the Emag) doing a biecep shot (no emag) like this with the AO arm band wrapped around the bicep >>

Last edited by luke; 05-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.

I like that idea. Pgop2.0 draw something rough up following lukes suggestion

Will do.

Magpies are actually cool looking birds. Much cooler looking than crows:
    Name:  black-billed-magpie-flight-mia-mcpherson-9721.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  35.9 KB

MAGpie is gonna flip when he sees this, lol

Concept Art:
    Name:  concept.gif
Views: 75
Size:  47.1 KB

Just the starting line art to see if you folks were down with the concept. I like Lukes idea of having the bird sort of flexing the EMag. I turned them back to back because it felt more cohesive that way. Plus it allows for the pie and the EMag to be separate focal points with the characters being the core element. I also like them back to back to reflect the idea of the AO-ARMY/MagPies having each others back.

LMK

I like the concept. Why not have both birds with a gun up kinda back to back since you are going with an actual magpie bird? Or is the real pie for comic relief?

I want it to be cartoony and fun

Kinda what I thought. Better that than the other way around. Its a game people supposed to be fun.

edit: I see the confusion, I changed the wording above. I meant to do away with the emag entirely. It seems like a mute point on a paintball jersey.

I thought the logo in the first post was pretty cool, all you would have to do is drop the arm holding the emag, redraw in a bicep curl and add the patch.
    Both birds with patches seem like over-kill.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by luke; 05-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Wow! Love the whole idea. I'd definitely be in for patches and a t-shirt, and possibly a Jersey as well. It's a shame but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one at my field who shoots a mag....that doesn't mean I have to roll solo all the time, right?

I'd be down for a Jersey. A shirt as well, so long as its printed on a quality t-shirt, like (Jerzee, Heavyweight Blend), similar to a Hanes Beefy t-shirt.

luke, if someone can draw it up, that's what we'll do.

Also some news. Patches are in production, not a final price yet but they are being made and will MOST LIKELY be available at TunaBall

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    On the magpie logo I would vote to do away with two things, the emag and the arm band on the MP holding the pie.
    Then redraw the MP (That is holding the Emag) doing a biecep shot (no emag) like this with the AO arm band wrapped around the bicep >>

someone draw or photoshop this idea with this picture as a refference

Big update:

Patches are being made as we speak and are being shipped directly to the field at tunaball7!!

Price for patches will be 10 $ each and this will all be nonprofit. The lucky ones at tunaball will be receiving the first 25 and after that we will have more made to ship out, still at a 10 $ cost.

They will be embroidered with velcro backing

I won't be at tuna ball. But I'm down for 2 patches. One for me. And one for my wife since she loves her minimag.

I won't be at Tuna Ball, so it looks like I'll have to wait until the second batch to get my patch.
    BTAutoMag, you can send me an invoice whenever, and I'll send funds.

Unless there's leftovers. Lol

I won't be there either but I'm down to buy a patch. Hopefully there are some left from TB!

We are already talking about the 2nd run. Still need someone to take point on shirts and jerseys

You know I'm down BT, after talking about this at legends I'm surprised you don't already have my name on the list