Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Official: AO Army Mag-Pie Team Thread!

Not to knock your work but it definitely looks like it is a male magpie if you know what I am saying

I really like that

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Not to knock your work but it definitely looks like it is a male magpie if you know what I am saying
    some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress but hen theyre on a magpie theyre the balls that I like best

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Hah, don't worry about it. That's one of the problems I still have. I haven't yet figured how to do the nose cavity in the skull without the "sacks". But I'm hoping that once I get started with the legs I can get rid of that "sack"ines in his nether regions.

MOTY3
    Laku, the adjustments you are making do bring more detail to the bird but I feel they take away from the original design. In other words if it aint broke why fix it. I only say this because I know how much time can be involved in something like this (for me anyways cause all I have is an old Paint program from 2007 or so). i'm not saying your work doesnt look good I just think the minor changes we made were enough and didnt take away from the original design...Magpie+Skull= WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Laku, the adjustments you are making do bring more detail to the bird but I feel they take away from the original design. In other words if it aint broke why fix it. I only say this because I know how much time can be involved in something like this (for me anyways cause all I have is an old Paint program from 2007 or so). i'm not saying your work doesnt look good I just think the minor changes we made were enough and didnt take away from the original design...Magpie+Skull= WIN
    Well this has only taken me few hours spread over few days. So it hasn't taken that much time. And as said I do it just for fun, it acts as a nice break to my day job as 3D artist.

As to what originally prompted me to try out something little different were that I felt that although fine the original design wasn't yet there. For me I found that the flat even black lines weren't lively enough and made it look bit too crude. Also there were parts of the design that didn't really translate that well to bird anatomy and I wanted to try if it could be addressed.
    It may or may not work in the end but that's just part of the fun.

That being said I do realize that all this might just be my professional baggage talking. I some times do tend to look at pictures over critically because analyzing them is something I need to do on daily basis.

As a side note I do hope that everyone does feel free to point out all the things they like or don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    it acts as a nice break to my day job as 3D artist.
    I fully understand where you are coming from. I'm a pen and ink artist at heart so it's often tough for me to switch hats. With pen, like with 3d work, detail and accuracy are paramount. 3D even more so because it has to look right from every angle no matter how it is posed (I mess around in blender a bit but my skill set is very limited). Graphic design, logo design in particular, is about distilling the image down to the minimum amount of visual information necessary for viewers to get the point. Yes, our Magpie has some anatomy issues (no feet) but he meets all the icon-o-graphic requirements (actually he's slightly too detailed, but we're not a big corporation so who cares) and the two basic elements (skull and bird) are clear even when scaled down to avatar size. Talons would only serve to obfuscate the skull.

MOTY3
    Just playin around with what the jersey could look like. Colors arent great but I like BTautomags design in it "somewhere" and the Logo placement etc...Thoughts

Last edited by Flatliner333; 06-28-2013 at 04:11 PM.

i like where this is going, and the "general" design of it. the hex design I posted was a crop of a larger picture, I can supply the full picture to anyone who wants it

MOTY3
    Just keepin the thread alive and playin around with jersey colors.

heres the full backround picture, for anyone

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9c...owuv/joker.jpg

How about making one where the hex pattern isn't at an angle, and then using the AO forum colors (the dark steel blue - almost purplish, and slate gray)?

MOTY3
    Not much I can do with the hex pattern, it would change angles when the arms go down anyways, but here is one with more AOish colors.

And a Green one for BT Automag
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 07-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.

And a Green one for BT Automag
    lol

I like the designs. Keep up the good work.

MOTY3
    Played around on customink.com today. Depending on what comes about with a jersey I might have them make me something like this just to wear around.

to keep this going maybe we should start with shirts and move up to jerseys after that

Yeah I like the shirts. Flatliner333 personalized copy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MOTY3
    Swiss thats cool we used to have stickers that looked alot like that.

I think I like this one better than the first with the AO Army Chuff Chuff patch. Also I tried to do the shirts in Grey/ Blue but it left white blocks around the individual pictures that had White in them?

I like the back piece. The front looks little off to me.

Is that Stars and Stripes automag text AGD design or something someone did? Cause to be honest that's little cheesy, at least to me.

Also the front "patch" seems bit too restless and over complicated.

Edit. Does it really need the AO army patch on the back? To me it's just too many designs on same surface.

MOTY3
    It is a little busy but I was going for a jersey look with sponsors and such. I don't know who did the patriotic Automag logo. Everything else came from this site and this thread, just trying to include some other ideas. This is definitely nothing official just something I like as another option.

I wouldnt be opposed to rocking an inception logo as well

It is a little busy but I was going for a jersey look with sponsors and such. I don't know who did the patriotic Automag logo. Everything else came from this site and this thread, just trying to include some other ideas. This is definitely nothing official just something I like as another option.
    That's cool. I'd just like the jersey to be the best and most polished design we can come up with. Cause there's definitely enough talent in here to make it awesome. You know, before anyone rushes to order a bunch with unfinished concept.

Having said that, I realize that in the end it's unlikely to meet everyone's criteria of the "perfect" AO army jersey, and that I might very well be one of them.

has anyone had any experience with style supply?

they look like good jerseys and I like the prices.

usshop.style-supply.com/

they have a 200$ design cost then 80$ a jersey after that. 10 jersey preorders at 100$ should do it
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 08-15-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    has anyone had any experience with style supply?

they look like good jerseys and I like the prices.

usshop.style-supply.com/

they have a 200$ design cost then 80$ a jersey after that. 10 jersey preorders at 100$ should do it
    I would think we would get more than 10 but I would be on for one or 2 I wanna see these get made and not another awesome idea fall on its face
    Last edited by Syko89; 08-21-2013 at 05:27 PM.

how does one become a magpie?

you just did

cool, as for gear i would be more interested in T shirts than jerseys. i can wear the T shirt anywhere and would.

for gear I'm still waiting for someone to pick up that ball. I dont have the time to do anything with it.

i like flatliner333's idea for the shirt, was on custom ink looking and i think in order to keep costs reasonable were going to have to limit the number of items on the shirt or were going to have to buy an awful lot of them. i don't mind $25.00 for a shirt personally but over that is getting too much. i say put the large magpie on the front and the AO army on the back and keep it as simple as possible. i'm sure we wont please everybody and once we have the artwork loaded people could just order their own with as much stuff as they want on them. i im for two if we keep it fairly simple.