Thread: I like them short.

I like them short.

The two best barrels I own, are my freak back with a WWA 2” tip and my deadly winds 8”. My third is my Apex, but it way to long. I have the freak Apex tip and it keeps getting in my way. So… Has anyone ever cut down an All American tip before? The back half of the freak will fit in the Apex shroud. But is there enough meat left after cutting the threads off an All American tip and re thread it? It would be AWESOME to have a shorty Apex.

I've seen this and its an option, but I have a red freak back that looks sweet on the Mag I use my Apex on.

Quote Originally Posted by cudamelland View Post
    I've seen this and its an option, but I have a red freak back that looks sweet on the Mag I use my Apex on.
    I'm not sure how much thicker a deadly wind barrel is than yours, if it's close, can't it work on a regular one as well?

Now i feel like an idiot, I never thought to use it on anything other then a deadly winds barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by cudamelland View Post
    Now i feel like an idiot, I never thought to use it on anything other then a deadly winds barrel.
    I'm still curious, let me know how you make out!

there's a shorter GoG freak apex tip you can buy.

So the Deadly winds adapter says it can fit any barrel that has an OD (outer diameter) .84 +/- 0.01 in size. I did find this tho http://www.amazon.com/Apex-2G-Paintb...s=apex+adapter This will fit on any barrel that is .875. It uses 3 set screws to attach tho. The barrel i was hoping to use is of course in between the two at .86. I'm going to try this J&J one out and if it works ill post pics. My buddy has the deadly winds adapter for his null so Ill play with it next time we go out, but that's not until march.

Keep us up to date! Might open up new options