Thread: roguefactor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

roguefactor?

Haven't heard back from you since I sent you 40$ for a rpg viperblade trigger? What's the deal here? No shipping number. No confirmation email. This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb9 View Post
    Haven't heard back from you since I sent you 40$ for a rpg viperblade trigger? What's the deal here? No shipping number. No confirmation email. This is getting ridiculous.
    You wont until the item ships, or until Ive exceeded the shipping timeframe I quoted.

Orders ship within 5 business(1 week) days from receipt of payment. That was stated in your invoice e-mail BEFORE you made payment. Your order has an effective payment receipt of 5/31/13, as it was received after the end of business day on 5/30. 5 business days from 5/31 is 6/7, tomorrow.

Just needed an update. You weren'T answering emails and your pm inbox is full. Communication would have prevented frustration

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb9 View Post
    Just needed an update. You weren'T answering emails and your pm inbox is full. Communication would have prevented frustration
    No update to give. It will ship as originally stated in the original e-mail provided.

Then reply back to my email and say that. C o m m u n I c a t I on

I just refunded your payment Scotty. Thanks for the interest, but Id rather not do business with you.

Let this be a lesson for everyone. What's the lesson you ask?

"Read and understand the terms of any agreement -before- you sign or agree to it."

Had this been done, there would have been no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Let this be a lesson for everyone. What's the lesson you ask?

"Read and understand the terms of any agreement -before- you sign or agree to it."

Had this been done, there would have been no issue.
    So basically, from a business stand point, "rules and regulations" > customer service

I can tell you that, as a sales person, following the same reasoning will not lead you very far in business.
    I've never dealt with Rogue personally but I have been around AO for a while and have seen things like this one come up every once in a while, can't say frequently but it does come up. Now, my intention is not to bash him or anything like that, but, the situation does make me wonder why this continues to happen? We can say that people are just dumb and the new generation just do not like to read and follow directions, and in actuality be partially correct, however, that is the new consumer of "today". Do you get with the times or quit being in business to prove a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycario View Post
    So basically, from a business stand point, "rules and regulations" > customer service

I can tell you that, as a sales person, following the same reasoning will not lead you very far in business.
    I've never dealt with Rogue personally but I have been around AO for a while and have seen things like this one come up every once in a while, can't say frequently but it does come up. Now, my intention is not to bash him or anything like that, but, the situation does make me wonder why this continues to happen? We can say that people are just dumb and the new generation just do not like to read and follow directions, and in actuality be partially correct, however, that is the new consumer of "today". Do you get with the times or quit being in business to prove a point?
    The rules/service thing might hold true for a large business or a chain of stores, but I've always felt that small business, custom shops and manufacturers of niche products play by a different set of rules.

On the one hand, big businesses tend to have a huge staff, high and consistent sales, and large inventories - there's always someone to hold the customers hand, be it at the store or warehouse, or at the end of a 24/7 hotline... sales are high enough let a few freebies slide in the name of preserving the companies good name. On the other hand there's always some corporate guy breathing down the managers neck, so even though 95% of the time issues arise from customer idiocy or outright fraud, the threat of losing your job vastly outweighs the penalty for giving away free crap to shut people up, and it's easy to chuck your employees on to the fire. Nasty byproducts of the dumb consumer who doesn't take responsibility or follow directions.

With a small business, especially one that caters to such a niche market, you're often dealing with a one or two man operation. It's not uncommon for them to keep odd hours, field phone calls only during those hours, and ship products or answer emails at a specific time/day of the week. Some weeks you get a dozen orders, others you get none at all. It's foolish to approach a small business the way you would a Best Buy or in this case a place like Compulsive Paintball; it's not to say that one is better than the other, but they do have different expectations as to the level of service that cater to the needs of different sorts of people. People who expect in-depth product knowledge and product quality will not sacrifice that for a 24/7 hotline and a stuffed shirt with a pocket full of "we're sorry" giftcards.

I'm not going to throw my $0.02 in either direction here... I've customers who don't pay attention to the shipping/delivery date, and customers who have made a public stink after an unreasonably short period of time, and that can be frustrating. At the same time I've spent weeks hunting down vendors online and in real life to sort out issues, and received shaky instructions or poorly written and not easily deciphered details and instructions. For what it's worth, in the month or so that ScottyB has been a member, this is his second thread in which he's had an issue with a sale and been "ripped off". I know I have seen a few threads over the years in which people perceive RogueFactor to have offered less than satisfactory communication or service...

Never said only one party involved made mistakes, simply stated exactly what I wrote.

Just to inform, I'm a grown adult. Been playing paintball for over a decade since I was a kid. Just recently got into automags. Missed the good old fashioned bolt and spring, no electric required. And once again customer service is key! Regardless of whether or not I read or misinterpreted his email which in my opinion was poorly wrote, if a customer has a question or concern you answer it with kindness and to the best of your ability. It doesn't matter what kind of day your having or how many emails you have, it's your job in a sellers world to provide customers with good product and the best customer support you have to offer. This lacked highly and for that same reason is a result of what happened here.

And drizzle fry is right, there are some shady people out here online. And I've been ripped off by people like kusokow. I don't know rogue or about him or his business. I'm just getting this knowledge through people on AO and through this experience. So far I'm not impressed with some of the scamming that is allowed to go on throughout this website. paintball is my get-away and for most it's the same way. I had a poor experience here so my defensive was up when making another transaction. Just hope that some of these scammers see their way out of this community brought together by the sharing of a similar passion. We don't need people like that ruining it for the ones who love the sport and this particular breed of weapon. I'm not implying rogue scammed me in any way.... He just had poor customer service.

Frizzle fry**

Scottyb9 maybe your expectations of people are too high. Unfortunately I would not think that rogue could make it off of his paintball business alone. That being said I am sure he also has another job and a family that takes much of his time as well. I also looked into your feedback with kusokow and it also has an issue with shipping time. I do not know exactly what went on here but I will say most people have lives and don't always have time to make it to the post office before it closes until they have a day off to do so. I am not trying to bash you but you have been on the forum for a very short time and have already had trouble with some members that have been around for quite some time. Please don't take this the wrong way it is just an outside perspective.

I understand your perspective. Kusokow informed me he would ship the day money given or the next day. Then 2 days later he told me he shipped and he didn't actually ship until that following day. 3 days later. Then when I received the package it was just a valve. No carrier or other internals and no level 10 bolt which was part of the deal. The kid blatenly scammed me, no question about it. Didn't resolve, didn't try to resolve, no negotiation. And as far as rogue goes, he considers what he has going on a business. Everyone's got a life outside paintball. I'm simply stating that if you run a "business", costumer service is an expectation for the consumer. That is all. I'm honestly not to worried about it. We didn't make a deal and its probably better that way. My expectations are only that a deal is fair meaning both parties get what is intended and can be happy about it. unfortunately there are people who don't play by certain morals or standards and its unfortunate. I'm really over it, **** happens.