Thread: world at war 2 at Paintball Explosion?

world at war 2 at Paintball Explosion?

http://www.pbbomb.com. world at war 2 scenario on June 30th. Who all from chicagoland plans to attend? And which team? Me and my wife plan to attend and I would like to be on a team with at least one person I've talked to on here. So post up so I know what team to pre register for.

Also we will be packing Midland brand communication. Hopefully it will be compatible with the rest of you.

GRimm, BTautomag, Wimag, anyone else?

Grimm. I know we have talked in PM. Just figure I'd get it out here for the others to see.

I asked the Bezerkers which side they were running on and they were not sure, but said most likely playing on the resistance with Skeletor, pre-registration ends June 23rd so we have some time to get organized

I need to kick some of the Alabama field owners in the butt for not having events like this.

Grimm. I'll hold off pre registration. I just want it all done and ready to play. Actually. A question you can answer. How is the staging? Will I have to drag my stuff across the land. Or is just using my truck an easy option? This complex looks sweet. Wife is a little concerned playing with that many people. But she will be OK.

Pb. I agree with you. Looks like the northern Chicago area has one heck of a scenario scene going on. I'm still kicking myself for missing there Left 4 Dead big game that was a couple weeks ago. But lucky for me. Wife's family lives up in round lake. So I plan to make our visit trips work with a big paintball game.

That's a long haul for me to try to attend any event. I think the only one I could bring myself to go that far for would be eather living legends or D-Day in Oklahoma

Oh I understand. Its 6 hours from me. But with the in laws there it works out. LL7 doubles as tuna ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GRimm View Post
    I asked the Bezerkers which side they were running on and they were not sure, but said most likely playing on the resistance with Skeletor, pre-registration ends June 23rd so we have some time to get organized
    yeah we are siding with the resistance. Should be 12-16 of us between the BEZERKERS and Team RED WATER
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Well I'd be honored to fight along side you guys. I'm a seasoned player that's not afraid to push. But I've not played a scenario since the early 90s. So I'm green with the scenario style stuff as far as medics rocket launchers ect. The wife is green all the way around. But she is learning quick. And was playing great backup with me last weekend.

Depressing update for this scenario. Wife backed out on me Wednesday from playing this. She wants to spend more time playing with smaller groups. And work her way up to a BIG big game. We will play with probably 20+ others on the 29th. That will be her first stepping stone. I know she will be fine. But she is scared of the sheer numbers of a big game. As for me. She cleared me to still play this no problem. But my bills for my truck brakes and air conditioner just got paid. That and the local scenario team that I am gravitating towards. The team captain is XO in a scenario at White River Paintball by Indy. He has hit me up about running with them up there middle of July. I couldn't pass that one up. So my early enrollment is paid there. Sorry guys. I will get to play up north. But timing isn't working out real well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Depressing update for this scenario. Wife backed out on me Wednesday from playing this. She wants to spend more time playing with smaller groups. And work her way up to a BIG big game. We will play with probably 20+ others on the 29th. That will be her first stepping stone. I know she will be fine. But she is scared of the sheer numbers of a big game. As for me. She cleared me to still play this no problem. But my bills for my truck brakes and air conditioner just got paid. That and the local scenario team that I am gravitating towards. The team captain is XO in a scenario at White River Paintball by Indy. He has hit me up about running with them up there middle of July. I couldn't pass that one up. So my early enrollment is paid there. Sorry guys. I will get to play up north. But timing isn't working out real well.
    good decision. There are more events coming that way this summer. Another exceptional event is at Blast Camp in Hobart, IN. It is a Viper run event August 10th I believe. Old nike missle base with barracks and everything still up. Great experience. Well run.

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    good decision. There are more events coming that way this summer. Another exceptional event is at Blast Camp in Hobart, IN. It is a Viper run event August 10th I believe. Old nike missle base with barracks and everything still up. Great experience. Well run.
    Michael "Raw Dawgs captain" Commented about that as well a while back. Not sure if they are playing it or not. I had already talked to them about going to game of thrones at bear claw in OCT. That was gonna be my first scenario run with them. But he hit me up about this. And since the wife backed out of the other. This looked like the best option.

Now you guys just got to keep earning most valuable team. I will run in to you in the future. Just not now.

No worries bud, there are plenty more good scenarios coming up in the next few months so we will have to pick one and get a small group of mag guys to go!

great event. Hard fought from beginning to end. Grimm was mowing down fools with his xmag.

Making me wish I had played it... who am I kidding! I missed out big. After yesterdays prep though next month is looking like it will be worth the event change.

Glad you guys had fun. Any good pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    great event. Hard fought from beginning to end. Grimm was mowing down fools with his xmag.
    You know it!

Making me wish I had played it... who am I kidding! I missed out big. After yesterdays prep though next month is looking like it will be worth the event change.

Glad you guys had fun. Any good pictures?
    Hopefully someone snapped a good action pic of me, I never seem to get many pictures, guess its because I'm to busy getting shot at the front. I have some helmet cam footage though, but I have to finish my video for LL6 first. You should definitely plan for the blast camp game, I'm planning on going!

Well get any and all vid up. Id like to watch it.

Man its looking like I'm starting to get booked down here for scenarios. One of the guys I ran with yesterday is on the outdoorsmen from Indy. He is CO at a game in southern MO and is recruiting strong aggressive players for September. And I'm planning the bear claw event with the raw dawgs in OCT already.

Note to self: Charge my flipping camera before I play! My camera died early on during the final battle, lost some really great footage , ohh well, there's always next time.

Haha. Oh well. More LL footage to watch would be great also.

Haha. Oh well. More LL footage to watch would be great also.
    Well I didn't loose all my footage, just most of the final battle

This is a little bit of what we dealt with
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WajCgWKIcAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>