Thread: Empire Resurrection Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Empire Resurrection Opinions

Long time automag owner....first time thread posting.

Just got back from Tunaball....had a great time. What I can say, it made me rethink my passion for mech markers. No matter what electro gun I shoot, no matter how smooth it feels, no matter how much fun you have using it...I still like the feel of an automag. That being said...I had a chance to look at the Resurrection. I don't wanna lie, I liked it. But, like most people , I search the internet to see what others have to say. What is your opinion of the new Empire Resurrection? Looking for honest feedback from anyone who has had hands on experience with it.
    It will never be an Automag, but lets be honest. Simon knows what he is doing and this marker could finally make this Automag user be a true fan of an autococker.

http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...ococker-Review

Great review on Custom Cockers by Docfire

I've had the Empire sniper pump for a few years and loving it, so really looking forward to getting a semi version once they hit UK shops

It’s a good looking marker, but the price is outrageous. $550 for a mechanical marker is laughable. The barrel kit is a joke you get 5 inserts that go up by 5 so it goes 675,680,685 and so on, you’re always going to be slightly over or under. A good price on an ULE Mag with an X valve and level 10 is still about $150 less. Now maybe this is the best shooting mechanical marker ever made, but I believe that code was broken a long time ago. Now I haven’t had the chance to shoot it, but being a Kee action representative I believe this thing will drop in price a lot faster than even the sniper did.

Quote Originally Posted by cudamelland View Post
    It’s a good looking marker, but the price is outrageous. $550 for a mechanical marker is laughable. The barrel kit is a joke you get 5 inserts that go up by 5 so it goes 675,680,685 and so on, you’re always going to be slightly over or under. A good price on an ULE Mag with an X valve and level 10 is still about $150 less. Now maybe this is the best shooting mechanical marker ever made, but I believe that code was broken a long time ago. Now I haven’t had the chance to shoot it, but being a Kee action representative I believe this thing will drop in price a lot faster than even the sniper did.
    I feel the opposite; I think the marker is ugly and the barrel kit is one of the few appealing aspects of the resurrection. I wouldn't mind the $550 price tag if it didn't LOOK cheap. I'm sure it performs very well, but the aesthetics aren't up to par with a high-end autococker. Also, I prefer full-body w/ a back block over mid or half blocks. To the OP: take my opinions on the resurrection with a grain of salt as I have no hands-on experience with one.

It’s a good looking marker, but the price is outrageous. $550 for a mechanical marker is laughable. The barrel kit is a joke you get 5 inserts that go up by 5 so it goes 675,680,685 and so on, you’re always going to be slightly over or under. A good price on an ULE Mag with an X valve and level 10 is still about $150 less.
    Brand new RT Pro ULE from AGD is about the same price and doesnt come with a barrel kit. You can't compare used prices to new.

I was gonna get one but had a change of heart.I cannot confirm but been told made in Taiwan like the autococker sr I think.I got to shoot one at a local field just for a hopper full and it was smooth and shot well but to me the anno looks cheap like the axes and minis.I get enough over the pond junk from Walmart already soo there's no way I'm gonna drop 550 on a across the pond marker when I can get another mag and feel good about my purchase. There are a couple of new markers comming out soon enough made here in the USA.I may not get to totally buy American but gonna do my best when possible. I have went from fancy electros to mainly mags and autococker pumps.:-) if you do go through with the purchase of one ,I'm sure you will like it though.I've just gotten picky in my old age lol

KEE Action Rep ? I bet they would be real interested in your assessment of their products your supposed to be pushing. The Sniper prices never dropped over here on the east coast as we could not keep them in stock. It wasn't until this year that we finally have one sitting in the shop for people to actually hold and we have sold two this year. The barrel kit is the same barrel kit that Infamous used on their Axe's last season, and they had a good year last year, so I would hardly call them a joke. If you had to drop the price on your Sniper to push it out the door, then maybe you should consider a new career path.

As for the Resurrection, I have been a die hard Mag fan for years and still like them ( kind of pissed I missed the ULE Mini mag sale, but meh) but the Cocker is quite nice. I got to play with one last week, one of the guys at the field had one and let me borrow it for a quick game. The trigger is really smooth and almost as nice as a CCM frame as it was almost impossible to short stroke it ( I say almost only due to someone someday might, but I didn't) I chrono'd it at 265, ran a .680 insert and had no chops or SS the entire game. It was smooth and quiet and very light compared to the older bodied Cockers of the past. Is it worth 550.00, to some, not to all, but I can recall when some Cockers of the past we're double that and offered less, so only you can decide if you can justify the price. I will have one eventually.

I'm a big autococker fan as well. And as much I wanted to hate it, I can't. They are solid shooting markers. They aren't the most aesthetically pleasing (that's just me), but they do function as promised.

edit - adding on to that... my only reservation with the marker is the non-universal parts. I would have preferred it if they made it 100% compatible with other cockers, but that's not a big issue with their target demographic.
    Last edited by rschoi_75; 06-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Do you guys really buy Autocockers for their "aesthetics"?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.