Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Empire Resurrection Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by ß.C. View Post
    @ Nobody - Thanks for the info.

@Goatboy - God forbid someone tries to ask for information on the internet. For your information I already knew everything you posted, but a "hot rodded" cocker can do more less everything you listed besides having the new frame and barrel. Maybe I wanted some insight from owners who might have noticed something different about the design in general. Do everyone a favor and stop being a jerk.
    That's one of the (many) things I don't miss from the old days -- people running around calling their markers "tricked out". In this case, you've swapped for "hot rodded."

That literally means nothing, and when you ask to compare a Resurrection against your "hot rodded" cocker, how is anyone suppose to possibly know what is in your "hot rodded" cocker to make any sort of sensible comparison?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    That's one of the (many) things I don't miss from the old days -- people running around calling their markers "tricked out". In this case, you've swapped for "hot rodded."

That literally means nothing, and when you ask to compare a Resurrection against your "hot rodded" cocker, how is anyone suppose to possibly know what is in your "hot rodded" cocker to make any sort of sensible comparison?
    I used the terminology I did to remain consistent with what was used in previous discussion. In this case it means an autococker costing around $1500. The term "hot rodded" was used earlier, but you didn't feel the need to be obnoxious about it then, so I'm not sure that's what truly provoked your less than considerate response. If I had $1500 to pour into an autococker (even back in the early 2000s) I would expect it to have all the bells and whistles. I think that's a fairly reasonable assumption, although I will admit there are ways to interpret the information given differently. That being said, even if there was any obscurity in the way I phrased my question, it doesn't exonerate your antagonistic behavior.

I used the terminology I did to remain consistent with what was used in previous discussion. In this case it means an autococker costing around $1500. The term "hot rodded" was used earlier, but you didn't feel the need to be obnoxious about it then, so I'm not sure that's what truly provoked your less than considerate response. If I had $1500 to pour into an autococker (even back in the early 2000s) I would expect it to have all the bells and whistles. I think that's a fairly reasonable assumption, although I will admit there are ways to interpret the information given differently. That being said, even if there was any obscurity in the way I phrased my question, it doesn't exonerate your antagonistic behavior.

You said bells and whistles, just so I'm clear can I infer that those terms together mean the same as hot-rodded, tricked-out, maxed-out, pimped-out, fully-loaded, bad-ace, or f@#k-all

Such verbiage can be viewed as akin to trade language in any other realm and is used for the sake of brevity by sensible people all the time For instance, Simon knew exactly what the term meant and didn't even flinch before saying that the Resurrection had more than a fully-loaded cocker when such language was used initially.

Exclamation Internet......Serious Business

That being said, even if there was any obscurity in the way I phrased my question, it doesn't exonerate your antagonistic behavior.

Well said Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    I think one of the common misconceptions about cockers is that they are high maintenance. Sure, the closer you get it to its performance limits the more likely you are to have problems. However, the tech on my old team used to set it at the beginning of the season and the only problem I would ever encounter was a blown low pressure hose and even that was rare. People got into problems when they would mess around with the timing which was easy to throw off when you figure you have to have the right cocking rod length, right timing rod length so the three way will function and not leak, correct hammer and valve spring tension, correct sear return tension, correct hammer lug depth...any one of those things being out of balance meant your cocker might not function correctly. The last sentence seems to contradict my claim but I meant it only as an illustration that once those aspects are set, and someone who is not a seasoned cocker tech like me would just leave them alone, the reliability and consistency was never an issue. My old cocker used to shoot like a dream but that is because I was disciplined enough not to mess with it or if I wanted to upgrade one of the aspects listed above I let a tech do it for me.

Oh I know that if you leave them alone once set up they are fine for quite a while. My deal is. Since I make a career out of industrial maintenance. I have an issue paying anyone to do stuff I can do myself. From everything I've ever seen with cockers. They are not that big of a deal. But then again. I don't want to ever have to work on my gun. And the cocker generally speaking needs more work than my RT. Heck. I don't want a level X bolt simply because for no more paint than I chop its not worth the added care to keep it proper. I am considering a ULT trigger. But I'd have to give Luke some milling business first. That said. I still fall back with. As much as I love autocockers. I do not want to have to do anything more than oiling my gun.

I've never been much of an Autococker guy, but I got to shoot the Resurrection at my local proshop, and holy mother of Jesus is it smooth! The milling looks real nice in person, too. The trigger on it is spectacular. I've never used a slider that was so smooth, stock. And it's so short that you can get a good rhythm going without much worry of short stroking.

I like it. I want one.

For those of you that have said you want one or for those of you that say the price is not too high, this one just sold on ebay for a really low price compared to what they go for new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181161361445...84.m1423.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Steve View Post
    For those of you that have said you want one or for those of you that say the price is not too high, this one just sold on ebay for a really low price compared to what they go for new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181161361445...84.m1423.l2649
    Someone got real lucky

I have a longer and more entertaining response, but I want to try something different out.

How would you like us to answer your question, as posed? Simply craft the form of the response, and we can try to fill in the details.

This thread is out of hand.

I'll form my own opinions once I've shot one for the first time

Hopefully that will be this Saturday

Pity to see good treads like this degenerate into a personal slanging match

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I have a longer and more entertaining response, but I want to try something different out.

How would you like us to answer your question, as posed? Simply craft the form of the response, and we can try to fill in the details.
    Who is this "us" and "we" you refer to?

Can this use the eblade trigger frames?

I think the issue you'd run into would be the frame mounting differently than most 'cockers. I know when the snipers were having pneu's put on them, someone had to use an old shocktech slider for it to work, not something like a WGP hinge or anything. Although, I know Docfire has put an aftermarket hinge on his Resurrection, can't remember the brand AND this is AO where guys put wonky parts on their mags so why not a Resurrection? A local friend of mine said he has an eblade kit NIB and he's tempting with it... we shall see.

So, I now own the Resurrection. My opinion of it....Yup, it is bad ace.
    Snappy and smooth trigger.
    love all the small, but important, extras (feedneck, on/off asa, etc.).
    was shooting great right out of the box.
    barrel kit is fine. for all those complaining about bore sizes...find me another marker at this price that comes with a kit like this.
    top end parts were used to put this together.
    the milling looks great in person.
    I could go on forever with the plus sides of this marker

Thanks again for bringing back some old school. Now, someone needs to bring back an updated automag.
    I think Simon and TK should get on that. I mean, between the two of them...it should only take an afternoon to fully design it.

you do realize that the mini/axe is a direct extension of the mag. Simon asked to use the blow forward system from TK and updated it and what we have now is that direct descendent of that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    you do realize that the mini/axe is a direct extension of the mag. Simon asked to use the blow forward system from TK and updated it and what we have now is that direct descendent of that work.
    thats not really true, the mini/axe is a JCS king cobra, a design that came out of the far east. the only thing it really shares in function with an automag is the blow forward bit.

if you really want to see a "modern" mag look no farther then then the ICD freestyle:

"because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Not sure where you got that, but it's not true. As Gordon points out the Mini was a development from the King Cobra.

Very glad more and more people are getting the Resurrection and enjoying it.

I've read that the Tippmann Phenom was based on the AGD system with permission. Maybe that's the confusion? That could be BS as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I've read that the Tippmann Phenom was based on the AGD system with permission. Maybe that's the confusion? That could be BS as well though.
    I asked Tom about that specifically at Tunaball and he said it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by manike View Post
    Non disclosure clause?

Not sure where you got that, but it's not true. As Gordon points out the Mini was a development from the King Cobra.

Very glad more and more people are getting the Resurrection and enjoying it.
    as much as i want to just say i "heard it from 'Them'", it stemmed from talking to a couple of people about an MQ Mag and they had said a Mini/Axe was just about that. so when the man comes and says it so, to people the rumors down, we are all the wiser fot it.

What about Tiberius? Is that rumor true?

I love having Simon around to clear these things up!

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    thats not really true, the mini/axe is a JCS king cobra, a design that came out of the far east. the only thing it really shares in function with an automag is the blow forward bit.

if you really want to see a "modern" mag look no farther then then the ICD freestyle:

the early FS series yes, but the later bolt systems, like the HR1 and the FS8 slider bolt, where different enough to not be that.

now, i had missed the King Cobra. now we are all better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k View Post
    What about Tiberius? Is that rumor true?

I love having Simon around to clear these things up!
    Not sure which rumour you mean? I do not know for certain but I believe it was designed with the intent that it wouldn't infringe the AGD patents.

the early FS series yes, but the later bolt systems, like the HR1 and the FS8 slider bolt, where different enough to not be that.

now, i had missed the King Cobra. now we are all better for it.

Brings back memories. That gun shot great, but the packaging and styling is... well... not sure what to say , but you can see how different it ended up when the concept became the Mini and then the Axe.

Ultimately most of us are building on the shoulders of giants. That's always the development process. Just some of us keep trying to innovate and add to the pool. Although with that said it is nice to do a retro project every now and then like the Resurrection (even so we tried to innovate in some areas and make it the best we could).

Currently I have some more retro and some more innovative projects in the works. Not sure what will drop first

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Can this use the eblade trigger frames?
    I believe Docfire at Customcockers put one on his Ressurection... though I'd have to go search.