Thread: slight emergency, bolt leak

slight emergency, bolt leak

Hey guys, so I'm going out tomorrow morning, and while doing a routine check of my gear, my pneumag is leaking from the bolt. It's pretty random, since I lubed recently and had a major maintanence check-up just 2 months ago, and it wasn't leaking then when I used it. The weird thing is that the leak happens randomly *in the sense that it isn't there, and a few hours later I gas it up and its leaking* and how I "fix" it is by just sliding the lvl 10 off, and putting it back on. And then voila, the leak is gone. It started happening this morning, and I THOUGHT I fixed it by taking the valve apart and lubing it up, but I just gassed it up and it started leaking again, from inside the body. And then when I took it apart, the leak stopped. Any ideas? Sorry for the lack of reading on my end, but I'm in a bit of a bind since I leave for the field in 8 hours Thanks in advance!

Might want to try the next smaller carrier for lvl 10. Also check that the current o-ring in the carrier is clean and intact.

Argh, I was afraid it might be a carrier. Need to order that. Blarghy blargh. Guess I'll make do with what I got for now, may the Mag Gods give me good luck tomorrow!

I'm afraid that's the natural progression with lvl 10. As the o-ring wears down you shift trough the carriers to the smallest (or until the o-ring breaks), and then start the cycle from the beginning.

wat size carrier are you currently using? maybe try pulling the trigger as you air up your mag to help seat everything properly? wat ever happens hope your able to paint some faces all day with your Mag!!! whoa wait where are pics of your Pneumag?

If you have level 10 shims installed, remove them.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

So the leak fixed itself somehow after my friend and I dry fired a few times, and the leak did not come back for the entire day. In fact, the mag was shooting at a cool +/- 4 of 270. Consistent and shooting lasers, which left me happy and confused. Perhaps adding in that extra drop of oil helped seal the deal *pun intended* And a pic of it shall be posted in the proper thread!