Thread: 10 O'Clock X value?

10 O'Clock X value?

I know the 10'oclock X's were a misfire of what, but are they considered collectible/more valuable than a standard X valve? Have one from a build that I parted out and debating whether to sell it or keep it and sell another regular X.

opinions?

its worth whatever to someone that wants it. AFAIK, there isn't any more value than a regular, just different inlet. some people like to be different and some like to have one side of the gun.

if you don't want it, put it up for trade. i'm sure that there is someone out there that would take it off your hand.

I think you might be thinking of "reverse" X-valves with the inlet on the left hand side (when marker is pointed away). OBPN is talking about have screwy lazer engraving, so that rather than featuring the "X" logo directly opposite the inlet, it's closer to the top of the valve.

I never cared for them because I like a uniform look, I guess I personally wouldn't pay more than I would for a regular X-valve, but then again I tend to seek out the ones that just say "X" rather than the ones that say "Valve" so it must be a matter of taste. I've seen some hype on them in the past though, there aren't a ton out there. To the right person...

As for what it's worth listing for? The market is insane I really couldn't say. I've seen crummy standard X-Valves sell for well above what they should lately... There's one listed now with a spacer kit for $200 that's so worn out it's practically gunmetal color over 80% of the body, and there seems to be interest in it. I mean, they're only $250 new from AGD or Tuna, so I'm flummoxed.

I can say this, I sold a used "Reverse" X-Valve for $250 a few years ago, right after the MSRP dropped on standard X-Valves to that very same price - I didn't have to wait very long, it went fast to a regular user.

the worn out value you mentioned was run through a dish washer.

i know i wouln't pay any more for a 10'oclock than a regular valve. its kinda like the stars on the classic valves. its cool to say you have one but doesn't really change the value.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    the worn out value you mentioned was run through a dish washer.
    I guess that's different than being beat up with a crescent wrench, but you get my point... it's a used one that looks like crap for 20% less than a brand new one. Even if you factor the bits and pieces with it you're only at about 26% less than cost brand new.

I know quality always shoots straight, but I've seen valves with significant idiot marks and railwear selling for $200-$225 lately and while I completely respect the functionality, and appreciate the retained value, I can't wrap my head around why it is the way it is.

I wasn't sure if for some reason they were "collectible" or not. I see people paying considerably for more for "Emax" valves and such, so didnt know if these were the same. In the end I'll probably just sell the regUlar valve as it has more wear on it.