Thread: Looks like I forgot 1 or 2 things about Classic valves...

Looks like I forgot 1 or 2 things about Classic valves...

So, I'm selling one of my Classics locally. Got a good deal so I decided to let it go.

Before selling it, I decided I would make sure it's working 100% as it should as this will be the guy's first Mag so I want him to have a good experience.

It's a Classic valve with a Level 7 bolt and a stock on/off. I changed EVERY o-ring on it. I tried it with a couple bolts and 3 springs, as well as a couple valve backs. I started with a Hurricane Labs back and then as it looks like it's busted, I changed it for an ANS one I had laying around.

After hours of testing, I finally got it to fire. The problem now is that it's acting up, like this:

- fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, chufs, fire, fire, fire, chufs, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, leaks badly, press the trigger again, it stops, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, chufs, fire, fire, fire, fire, fire, leaks and so on.

Some times it's also firing twice on a trigger pull.

I'd think it's the on/off but I changed every o-ring and oiled it properly.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Mendel.

Worn bolt or sear maybe?

Weak bolt spring or powertube spacer that is too short. Since you changed bolt springs, I suspect it is the powertube spacer.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.