Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: "Gonna be epic" - FireStorm Paintball - 6/8/13

  1. #1

    "Gonna be epic" - FireStorm Paintball - 6/8/13

    Small crowd, but had a good time last weekend. Here's a video from one game:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAQhm_aGXKU

    Don't know how to embed here. [yt] and [youtube] tags didn't work. Forum search turned up nothing.

  2. #2


    You were close.
    HTML Code:
    [video]youtubeURL[/video]

  3. #3
    Good editing, love the caption and fast forwards, hate to see raw footage for no reason.
    And the explanations were awesome. Now you need more videos so go play often

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycario View Post
    Good editing, love the caption and fast forwards, hate to see raw footage for no reason.
    And the explanations were awesome. Now you need more videos so go play often
    Thanks! I'm no editing pro, but with Google and YouTube tutorials I can figure out how to implement a few things that help keep it entertaining. I also dislike videos that have a lot of footage of the player constantly staring off into seemingly nothing. Recon and general movement are necessary in the game, but they're pretty boring to watch (hence, the >> fast forward >> parts, lol)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I also dislike videos that have a lot of footage of the player constantly staring off into seemingly nothing.
    Yeah, common problem with most action camera like GoPro, Contour.. etc is that they have very wide field of view, where as human eye is more around 50mm on 35mm film scale. So in other words the camera doesn't pickup all the action going on since it's so far away that it's only filling few pixels in the distance.

  6. #6
    I think FF is the way to go for these kinds of vids. I'd do it myself but I haven't found an editor that I like. Speaking of -- which editor did you use? It kind of looks like it murdered your video.

    Technically I guess I could script it up via avidemux. Basically, only recode for the FF sections, and do a straight copy for the normal sections so no quality is lost.

    Good vid though; we need more warp/q-loader first person vids so people can see what it's like.
    "Accuracy by aiming."


    Definitely not on the A-Team.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I think FF is the way to go for these kinds of vids. I'd do it myself but I haven't found an editor that I like. Speaking of -- which editor did you use? It kind of looks like it murdered your video.
    I'm using my Contour in 720p60fps mode. Then I use Sony Vegas, make all the edits and additions, and then render using an Internet 720 preset. The rendered file on my computer looks quite a bit better than what gets put on YouTube. YouTube basically just butchers everything. It probably doesn't help that this video was finished uploading about 4 a.m. this morning. I'm not sure how long it takes YT to process everything and start showing stuff in higher quality, but my videos seem to look better once they've been uploaded on the site for several hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Good vid though; we need more warp/q-loader first person vids so people can see what it's like.
    I agree! I absolutely love no hopper on top of my marker, both for playing and for making action videos. It's really nice to not have anything blocking the view while shooting.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Was in FL. now in N.Y.
    Posts
    487
    AWESOME !
    luv how you fast foward to get to the set-up kill shots
    I pretty much have the same play style
    including the warp ,.......except im warpless halo

    I really miss our "OUTLAW" fields we had back in FL.
    You guys have all the cool loader tire's & spools & stuff ,...making it a nice reck/woods mix

    me likey

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    The rendered file on my computer looks quite a bit better than what gets put on YouTube. YouTube basically just butchers everything.
    There are ways to ensure better quality after youtube has re-compressed your video. http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articl...lts-83876.aspx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    400
    Amazing vid. I enjoyed watching it. Keep it up!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    There are ways to ensure better quality after youtube has re-compressed your video. http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articl...lts-83876.aspx
    Thanks! I'm going to read that this evening and tweak my rendering preset. From a quick scan, might have to look up how to use a denoise filter too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    191
    Cool Video. You really needed a few more targets. Where is this field located? I saw a few listings for Firestorm Paintball.

  13. #13
    There used to be a FireStorm Paintball in Florida a few years back, but that's not us. They went out of business it seems, and I'll admit I have gotten a couple phone calls from people thinking they were booking a game in The Sunshine State. We run our field as part of a not-for-profit ministry, hosting a couple scenario games each year and some monthly games inbetween. Here's us: http://firestormpaintball.com

  14. #14
    NU_METAL,

    Where in NY are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    AWESOME !
    luv how you fast foward to get to the set-up kill shots
    I pretty much have the same play style
    including the warp ,.......except im warpless halo

    I really miss our "OUTLAW" fields we had back in FL.
    You guys have all the cool loader tire's & spools & stuff ,...making it a nice reck/woods mix

    me likey

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Richmond Virginia
    Posts
    175
    Why did this video make me want a Tac-One body so much?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    201
    Great job on the video.

    Looks like a really sweet field.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    191
    I am planning a trip to the Chicago area over the summer with plans to head over to Paintball Explosions. Their new "Nuke Town" field looks great. You look like you have a great field there, wish it was a little closer. If I find myself in the area, I'll stop by.

  18. #18
    Get ahold of me ahead of time, because we don't really run any regular hours. We're 100% volunteer driven, and just play whenever it works in our schedules (usually once a month).

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,720
    Justice. From our PM's you are just a couple hours north east of me in IL. I know me and the wife would go up to play. Got a couple others that might. Looks like a pretty sweet woods hybrid field to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •