Thread: "Gonna be epic" - FireStorm Paintball - 6/8/13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Gonna be epic" - FireStorm Paintball - 6/8/13

Small crowd, but had a good time last weekend. Here's a video from one game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAQhm_aGXKU

Don't know how to embed here. [yt] and [youtube] tags didn't work. Forum search turned up nothing.

You were close.
    HTML Code:
    [video]youtubeURL[/video]

Good editing, love the caption and fast forwards, hate to see raw footage for no reason.
    And the explanations were awesome. Now you need more videos so go play often

Quote Originally Posted by Psycario View Post
    Good editing, love the caption and fast forwards, hate to see raw footage for no reason.
    And the explanations were awesome. Now you need more videos so go play often
    Thanks! I'm no editing pro, but with Google and YouTube tutorials I can figure out how to implement a few things that help keep it entertaining. I also dislike videos that have a lot of footage of the player constantly staring off into seemingly nothing. Recon and general movement are necessary in the game, but they're pretty boring to watch (hence, the >> fast forward >> parts, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I also dislike videos that have a lot of footage of the player constantly staring off into seemingly nothing.
    Yeah, common problem with most action camera like GoPro, Contour.. etc is that they have very wide field of view, where as human eye is more around 50mm on 35mm film scale. So in other words the camera doesn't pickup all the action going on since it's so far away that it's only filling few pixels in the distance.

I think FF is the way to go for these kinds of vids. I'd do it myself but I haven't found an editor that I like. Speaking of -- which editor did you use? It kind of looks like it murdered your video.

Technically I guess I could script it up via avidemux. Basically, only recode for the FF sections, and do a straight copy for the normal sections so no quality is lost.

Good vid though; we need more warp/q-loader first person vids so people can see what it's like.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Cool Video. You really needed a few more targets. Where is this field located? I saw a few listings for Firestorm Paintball.

There used to be a FireStorm Paintball in Florida a few years back, but that's not us. They went out of business it seems, and I'll admit I have gotten a couple phone calls from people thinking they were booking a game in The Sunshine State. We run our field as part of a not-for-profit ministry, hosting a couple scenario games each year and some monthly games inbetween. Here's us: http://firestormpaintball.com

I am planning a trip to the Chicago area over the summer with plans to head over to Paintball Explosions. Their new "Nuke Town" field looks great. You look like you have a great field there, wish it was a little closer. If I find myself in the area, I'll stop by.

Get ahold of me ahead of time, because we don't really run any regular hours. We're 100% volunteer driven, and just play whenever it works in our schedules (usually once a month).

Justice. From our PM's you are just a couple hours north east of me in IL. I know me and the wife would go up to play. Got a couple others that might. Looks like a pretty sweet woods hybrid field to me.