Last weekend when playing with my Etac, upon airing it up the first time for the day I got a huge blow out from the back of the valve. Shut off the air, then aired it back up. *click* and no problems. This is becoming a common occurrence on the first air-up of the day.

That was likely just the seal in the reg piston not seating correctly, right? Does this mean my regulator piston is going to need replaced soon?

Second issue: After playing with the thing for a little while, I started to have problems shooting at all. Instead of pop, pop, pop! I heard a click, click click as the solenoid tripped. Putting the gun in mech mode had no effect, so that ruled out a weak battery or weak solenoid. This was good ol' fashioned bolt stick that manifested well after the gun was shooting correctly. After degassing and then airing back up again, I could get some shots off. Wait too long, and I'd have to degas/air up again. So I went back to my truck and put some oil through the valve, then opened up the powertube and oiled the carrier o-ring directly. A couple dozen shots to get the oil mist out of there and I had it consistently shooting on the second shot each time. Meaning, the first shot was a chuff, then pop, pop, pop, etc. Stop, and wait a few seconds. First shot chuff, then pop, pop, pop again.

I'm using a red spring on my L10 bolt. So I took off the red spring and put on a gold (short) spring, and all those problems went away.

I'm guessing my red spring is a bit stiff, or long, and may need trimmed down when compared to the level of friction and resistance that my carrier o-ring is giving me. (Going up a carrier size gives me a powertube leak that a whole bottle of oil can't quench, so that's not an option). If I use the gold spring for awhile, my bolt won't be as soft when the L10 activates, but it will give that carrier o-ring time to really break in and I should be able to go back to the red spring after a couple cases... right?

Let me know your thoughts, tech guys & gals. See if you can think of anything I'm overlooking.