Thread: white river paintball Beaches of Normandy

white river paintball Beaches of Normandy

http://m.whiteriverpaintball.com/sit...23beaches#2806

This is the scenario that I signed up for instead of world at war 2 in Chicago. Hard choice. But this one will let me run with a local team Raw Dawgs. And there captain is XO of the axis power. So If Indianapolis is close. This is where I will be July 12-14.

Had practice for this event yesterday with the Raw Dawgs, part of the Outdoorsmen, and parts of a couple other teams. All in prep for the WRP big game. All I can say is. Anyone in or around Indy needs to sign up for Axis. There will be a strong force to run with.

I played 2 30 minute games in the woods before I had to drive for 6 hours.

First game started with my halo not working. Tried to play off the rip drive. That didn't work so hot. Once I got shot I went to change my batteries in the loader to find out the 9v plug had popped off. So quick fix and reinsert in the game. Using comms I made my way where they needed me. Managed to get dug in by a big tree trunk in the dead centerline of the woods across from the slapstick. Took out the apposing nest. Or so I thought. Come to find out they had a guy burried under me. I had been shooting over him. He spent 10 minutes of the game trying to backtrack in a way to get me before we over ran there control of the game. We ended up in a close range fire fight and shot each other out. My team never got slapstick possession. But the opposition openly stated that had I not got shot in that position. I was the key factor for us over running them.

Second game started. Same teams. Me and one of the dawgs rushed dead on in the center. He was front. Me cover. Rest of our guys took flank way out on the sides. My front man took the slapstick with my cover fire. Then I met up at our center point with him. He left me in the center to yell positions of the opposition and to suppress advances. Not my favorite roll. Not being an aggressive pusher. But hey. Its where I needed to be. In the end. We had great communication and flat dominated the game.

So come 2 weeks in Indy we should all be one organised force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 06-30-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Curious how it goes at this event. I went to this field once a couple of years ago and was turned off by the high $$ they charged for rec play. Cost me over $100 for a day of rec play with my own equipment and that was with a "coupon". I'd like your impressions of the field when you get a chance to post up. I like playing scenarios/big games at fields with a lot of tree cover which this field didn't have at the time, but we also didn't play much in the wooded area that maybe they utilize better for larger events.

I know all the guys I'm gonna run with have played a lot of scenarios. Quite a few at WRP. They all praise WRP. But I'm sure different scenarios utilize the fields different. As for prices. Paint isn't cheap at 65 a case. But other places are far worse. Entry with all weekend air and camping being 55 looked pretty decent to me.

There prices to rent equipment looked high. Real high in fact. But I didn't think it was that horrid if you had your own. Then again since all the play I do is organised outlaw. Any field is expensive. Yesterday cost me 20 bux total and I shot half a case of paint. So any field is expensive compared to that.

GOOD GOD MAN! I just looked at there open play prices! 89 bux for a case of paint. 25 bux for a day admission. That is nuts! I'll do scenarios there. Prices for that are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    GOOD GOD MAN! I just looked at there open play prices! 89 bux for a case of paint. 25 bux for a day admission. That is nuts! I'll do scenarios there. Prices for that are reasonable.
    Yeah. IIRC they also charged you $10 for all day air. I emailed the guy once after I kept getting promo emails from them explaining that they were at least 2x what I could go to other fields for. Person who responded was very unapologetic about their prices and pretty much was "take it or leave it." I even want to say they td me that I couldn't bring paint back the next time if i did t use it, but i cod be weong on that point. In their defense, the paint was really good, but still. They are still around so they must be doing something right.
    Last edited by OPBN; 06-30-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Well. I think air is tied in with paint now. Or entry. But even with that. Them prices are nuts. The fields look nice. The woods fields look good also. But scenario is all I'm willing to do there at that price bracket. I don't care how nice it may be. I can't suck down 120 for a day of free play.

All the guys praise the reffing. And overall quality of how they run scenarios. So hey. We will see. Ya should come.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Ya should come.
    I appreciate the offer, but have my kids that weekend. Nothing comes before that.

Good choice man.

Opbn. So far your not missing much. This is the worst paint I've shot next to some trash from dix sporting goods. Chapped a few due to warpage making them stick in the breach. Axis is getting destroyed. I can handle loosing. But the city that I've been in the reffs are all just breathing down the few axis that are left necks. And ignoring any and all checks of allied side until we just flat throw a fit. More paint bounces on the opponent than breaks. Its a scenario. So sure its still fun to an extent. But it is crap to say the least. The woods fields are nice. It not worth there price for walk on play.

EDITED: the reffs were breathing down the axis necks. BUT a few of the axis were causing issues for the reffs. So it was a 2 way street. That was stated below. So it needed to be stated here in this post. Over all the reffing was good. And the head reff was pretty kool and kept the players pumped up.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 02-19-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks for the honest assessment. They're not far from me, and a buddy and I were thinking of hitting them up sometime in the future. May just end up going to Sherwood instead. I hope they bring back their scenario games for 2014.

All the guys I'm around. That have done many WRP scenarios are somewhat disgusted with how things are playing out compared to past events. So. I'd say give them a chance. But make sure you pre reg. I wouldn't pay walk on prices. I'm hung buying a case of paint for tomorrow. If its like the paint I shot today. And I'm sure it will be. I'm gonna be lead fingered because I'm not taking this crap home. And its 65 a case pre tax for the pre reg players. Its 75 I think for the walk ons. Oh. I've taken a dozen or so close range goggle lens bounces among everything else.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 02-19-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Sorry to hear about the subpar event and paint.

I remember Tom's Tech Tip for brittle paint (cup of standing water surrounded by paintballs within a larger sealed container), but I can't remember what he said to do if the paint is too bouncy. I assume substituting silica packets for the water could help. However, since you are at the event now, I don't think there is adequate time to try it. And it's not going to help the oblong balls. Maybe something to try next time if you have this issue again.

I hope play goes better today for you.

-Nathan
    Last edited by nak81783; 07-14-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Maybe get some rice and pour into the bags of paint, and then place it all in a cooler with some ice to chill it. Try to take away as much heat and moisture as possible.

What brand of paint is it? White box?

GI sports custom blend. And empire custom blend. All I bought was a case of GI. But word is guys have pulled clumps of empire paint out of there bags once opened.

I made an executive decision to not buy a case today. If someone decides to go halvsies with me I may play. But its not worth 65 for junk to play 3 hours.

OH! And its not bouncy paint. It is just so hard it won't break. Let it get a little moisture and it turns to a rubber squishy ball.

White River is very well known in the area to be unjustly overpriced. The fields are pretty nice, but that's it. You should have hit up War of the Worlds in Winimac Indiana instead. I was at the the event Saturday. It was my first time at Fort Knox Paintball and I will most definitely go back for their next big event in September and another in November. Cost me $35 for a one day pass and is BYOP!! The field is great, the owner and all the refs were nice and everything was ran pretty smoothly. I highly recommend going here for a big event. Also, "Red Strike" is coming up next month at Blast Camp in Hobart, Indiana. I've been told from people around here that it should be another great event.

OK. Now that the weekend is past. And I can reflect on it. My only real complaint in the end is paint quality. And the fact the management pretty much shunned any discussion of it. Like it wasn't an issue at all. Other than that. You have cheaters everywhere. And a hit or miss crappy ref. The more I got to see of the team with reffs breathing down there necks. And the teams conduct. They asked for all the reff issues they got. That's not to say the reffs shouldn't have been monitoring the allies also. But said team on the axes earned what they got. In the end the axis got destroyed. But it was more an issue with not being able to get the non vets to push. Us aggressive players would dig a whole and dig in. Then look back and the rest were still sitting back where they were long balling. So it is what it is. Axis had better / more organised teams. And it showed. Overall had fun. The Outdoorsmen are aGreat group of guys.

An almost all mag team won most valuable team. Dead man walk award. And something else. So that was sweet.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 02-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Sorry to hear the guys you went with didnt turn out to be the crowd you were looking to hang with. It definitely helps to be around prospective teams for a few games to get a feel of how they are.

OPBN. I think for the foreseeable future I will stay a MERC. Simple hired gun. Since locally the team I went with is really the only one that goes to events. This event just did not let most of OUR greater attributes shine due to all circumstances involved. The Dawgs are a strong aggressive team though. I do like that.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 02-19-2014 at 01:19 PM.

My crew was also at this event and had a really good time! It was our first time attending en-masse as a full team.
    I somewhat disagree with Black on the paint - while it wasn't the best, none of us (10 guys) had any problems with it, aside from it being a little bouncy. It ain't evil or marbs by a long stretch.
    The weather was outstanding (for June) and it was good to see and meet several new teams from north of the Ohio River (we are the mag team Black mentioned - the 502nd SOG out of Louisville, KY.) except only about half of us shoot mags.
    We heard some of the rumblings from the Axis side but overall had/saw no problems with anyone at the event - staff, players, etc. I think some of the Axis ire was due to the extreme lead in points. Allied side just had their poop together from the top down and stuck to the strategy ("Operation: Triangle").
    I also have to say that reffing was quite good compared to some events we've been to. They were all generally on the spot, well spaced keeping the game safe, but not interfering or micromanaging everything. Never once did I see a ref buried in their iPhone (something I see far too often). Their head ref was very enthusiastic and did his best to motivate his folks - you don't see that too often.

It's a good venue, fun field to play - but I also agree that unless its one of the scenario events - pricing is a definite killer - I'd never ever go as a weekend walkon. It's likely we will return to do more of their scenarios - its fairly close for us and it gives us an excuse to hit a little hole in the wall joint that has the BEST fried pork tenderloin sandwich in the state!