Thread: white river paintball Beaches of Normandy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

white river paintball Beaches of Normandy

http://m.whiteriverpaintball.com/sit...23beaches#2806

This is the scenario that I signed up for instead of world at war 2 in Chicago. Hard choice. But this one will let me run with a local team Raw Dawgs. And there captain is XO of the axis power. So If Indianapolis is close. This is where I will be July 12-14.

Had practice for this event yesterday with the Raw Dawgs, part of the Outdoorsmen, and parts of a couple other teams. All in prep for the WRP big game. All I can say is. Anyone in or around Indy needs to sign up for Axis. There will be a strong force to run with.

I played 2 30 minute games in the woods before I had to drive for 6 hours.

First game started with my halo not working. Tried to play off the rip drive. That didn't work so hot. Once I got shot I went to change my batteries in the loader to find out the 9v plug had popped off. So quick fix and reinsert in the game. Using comms I made my way where they needed me. Managed to get dug in by a big tree trunk in the dead centerline of the woods across from the slapstick. Took out the apposing nest. Or so I thought. Come to find out they had a guy burried under me. I had been shooting over him. He spent 10 minutes of the game trying to backtrack in a way to get me before we over ran there control of the game. We ended up in a close range fire fight and shot each other out. My team never got slapstick possession. But the opposition openly stated that had I not got shot in that position. I was the key factor for us over running them.

Second game started. Same teams. Me and one of the dawgs rushed dead on in the center. He was front. Me cover. Rest of our guys took flank way out on the sides. My front man took the slapstick with my cover fire. Then I met up at our center point with him. He left me in the center to yell positions of the opposition and to suppress advances. Not my favorite roll. Not being an aggressive pusher. But hey. Its where I needed to be. In the end. We had great communication and flat dominated the game.

So come 2 weeks in Indy we should all be one organised force to be reckoned with.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 06-30-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Curious how it goes at this event. I went to this field once a couple of years ago and was turned off by the high $$ they charged for rec play. Cost me over $100 for a day of rec play with my own equipment and that was with a "coupon". I'd like your impressions of the field when you get a chance to post up. I like playing scenarios/big games at fields with a lot of tree cover which this field didn't have at the time, but we also didn't play much in the wooded area that maybe they utilize better for larger events.

I know all the guys I'm gonna run with have played a lot of scenarios. Quite a few at WRP. They all praise WRP. But I'm sure different scenarios utilize the fields different. As for prices. Paint isn't cheap at 65 a case. But other places are far worse. Entry with all weekend air and camping being 55 looked pretty decent to me.

There prices to rent equipment looked high. Real high in fact. But I didn't think it was that horrid if you had your own. Then again since all the play I do is organised outlaw. Any field is expensive. Yesterday cost me 20 bux total and I shot half a case of paint. So any field is expensive compared to that.

GOOD GOD MAN! I just looked at there open play prices! 89 bux for a case of paint. 25 bux for a day admission. That is nuts! I'll do scenarios there. Prices for that are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    GOOD GOD MAN! I just looked at there open play prices! 89 bux for a case of paint. 25 bux for a day admission. That is nuts! I'll do scenarios there. Prices for that are reasonable.
    Yeah. IIRC they also charged you $10 for all day air. I emailed the guy once after I kept getting promo emails from them explaining that they were at least 2x what I could go to other fields for. Person who responded was very unapologetic about their prices and pretty much was "take it or leave it." I even want to say they td me that I couldn't bring paint back the next time if i did t use it, but i cod be weong on that point. In their defense, the paint was really good, but still. They are still around so they must be doing something right.
    Last edited by OPBN; 06-30-2013 at 03:37 PM.