Thread: Lens removal? mask options.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lens removal? mask options.

In searches I found a lot of mask threads. But the only ones that commented on lens removal are old. So here I am.

Bought a flex8 back in February or so. I use it when the wife doesn't play. Nice mask for the price. And my old spectra the rest of the time. Mask is getting a new crack every time I wear it. Got to replace before it dies for good. I've tried on the dye I4 and like it. Also like the Grill. But not got to test it out. My big question is. What masks have the easiest lens removal? And minimal fogging? I swear every shot I take while behind a bunker is in the face or hand. And its a pain to remove or just clean the JT lenses. I want something with lenses easier to remove and clean. Thanks for any help.

Everyone complains about the JT mask, except me. I can take a lens out and put a new one in in about a minute. As long as you do install it correctly it goes quick.

The i4 does have a really easy lens change though. I personally think the mask is to small, atleast for me.

If you like the Spectra and flex's the look at the Empire E-Flex. They use E'vents/Avatar lenses very simple to remove the lens from. with the flex lowers your used to. I have used the JT's (flex and spectra), Invert Avatar (lower cost version of the E'vent), Vforce, and a few others. If I were to buy a new mask today and it couldn't be a Flex 8 it would be a E'flex.

I am still using a Spectra goggle with a flex lower and soft ears.

Oh Ive not ruled out buying a flex8 for myself. Not that there is any flex to it. But the spectra line has been great quality for decades. Or get the wife one with the helmet attachment. And me take hers. Price is right with that option. I'm just looking. I4 and grill were named Cuz I love the look of the grill. And the I4 is a tight profile with FAST lens removal and comfortable.

Most of the newer masks have easy to replace lenses. E-flexes are good if you have a larger head, and I4's for smaller heads. I also hear nothing but good things about Profilers. Ive never tried them, but I know they also have quick change lenses as well.

Stupid me! YouTube has everything. The grill is almost as easy to remove the lens as the I4. And a lot cheaper. I like my thermal JT lens. Never fog. Ever! But all the reviews on the grill lens are great. Doesn't look much bigger either. So now its a hard choice. But I'm inching in the grill direction.

SJRTK. I just don't like the look of them at all. Idk. I guess maybe my mind had 3 options to begin with and now I'm just trying to pick one. Flex8, Grill, I4. The dyes biggest issue of size didn't feel to be an issue when I wore it. So that's not a concern to me.

Proto Axis are my favorite...super easy to take lenses off and they are comfy too