Thread: 12 gram efficency

12 gram efficency

i started thinking about this again and was hoping that maybe we could make a post and put all the info here. i know it makes it easier if we can just reference someone to the post.

whats the max efficiency recorded at average speed say above 260 with a 12 gram using a classic valve?

what bolt was used?

was the valve devolumized?

was it run in a vert asa, bottom line, or direct mount setup?

under bore or over bore?

type of on/off?

any other mods?( 8 hole or anything not standard)

it would also be nice to post how to do these mods after the max setup has been established so that others can achieve the same setup.

I would be much interested in this as well I remember seeing post a while back but one with all the info together would be awesome!

Don't think the classics give many shots on 12g without a lot of work

The sydarm could manage about 24 shots @ 250fps out of the box, but as soon as you up the velocity shot count falls dramatically
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 06-18-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Ya that is why I posted it to find out what the mods are to get the max number of shots.

I was getting easily mid 20's on 12grams with my setup. Using a capped, devolumized Classic valve with a BL torpedo inline reg and a Micro CAII. I never did get to do extensive testing, but was sure I could get more with some tweaking. Two things to consider, it was cold outside and I was standing in my garage shooting outside. Pretty sure had I done the testing during warmer weather I would have gotten more shots out of it. Secondly, I was having issues with my first few shots being well over 300. Trying to bring the first shots down, didnt seem to extend the life of the 12ies which I thought was odd.

Early 90s I was running a classic mag no upgrades. 270-275 fps. Classic body, classic barrel. The gun was set up "Hawaiian Style" (Tho I think I actually came up with it first...so...Colorado Style). My changer was a WGP slamchanger.

I was getting 20-25 shots per 12gram. Minimum 20 shots. I often changed out at about 20 so I didn't run out.

This was very early 90s back when fields didn't allow the constant air as it was "a bomb waiting to explode and kill everyone on the field".