Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i know its not much...

i know its not much...

if you know how to use 3D software this isnt a big deal at all.

but i finally have been able to get proficient at aranging and assembling parts.
    next step my own parts

now if i could just get my slug cad menipulated right for my new body design, but that part i am not yet proficient in that area yet,
    but soon i hope to get good at it.

thankyou to Luke, Renie, XMT for all the help with the cad software info, and help with all my crazy dumb questions.
    with out some of your great straight up no BS help, i wouldn't be as far into my projects as i am.

and thankyou to Bunny for the help with Photoshop type softwares, and rendering.

thankyou,
    KNM.

Hit me up when you have a final design done....I would be willing to machine some parts for you.

cads are in motion.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 06-19-2013 at 03:52 PM.

little closer pic of what the tripple mag will look like when completed, just with minimag ULE bodies on it.
    i didnt draw these items, so specs and distances are off.

its actually kinda frustrating.

emag frame is just for reference, since the inteli cad i found wasnt to scale. and im not sure how to up and down scale things yet.

Knm has a new way to blow through money

So the triple mag aint done yet???

Thats a very good start. It can take years to become really proficeint with the softwares.

Best suggestion I can give you is keep your sketches/features as simple as possible. Don't try to do to much in one feature.
    It will be easier and less confusing for you to adjust things later this way.
    As you learn what the software can do you can then ramp up the complexity of your sketches/features.
    You know where I am if you have some questions.

What software are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

the tripple has emag lowers... KNM?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    the tripple has emag lowers... KNM?
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    emag frame is just for reference, since the inteli cad i found wasnt to scale. and im not sure how to up and down scale things yet.

lol, sorry. was skimming

When I started getting everything together to go to CNC I started with CAD modeling too, all original designs and concepts. After I got my cnc machine and started programming in NC I quickly ditched 99% of my drawings/models. Even having years worth of manual machining experience (all self taught ) didn't translate to cnc completely. Really until all aspects of a job did a complete circle a few times, meaning concept, design, programming, fixturing and machining, was I able to do more quality drawings. It's always a pain to open those first programs and see my lack of knowledge. In 6 months I will feel the same about what I did today.

There's no substitute for experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Thats a very good start. It can take years to become really proficeint with the softwares.

Best suggestion I can give you is keep your sketches/features as simple as possible. Don't try to do to much in one feature.
    It will be easier and less confusing for you to adjust things later this way.
    As you learn what the software can do you can then ramp up the complexity of your sketches/features.
    You know where I am if you have some questions.

What software are you using?
    creo for the drawing,
    AUTOCAD autodesk full version with inventor.
    i use inventor right now only as a extension converter. lol

taking 2 cad classes this fall, then 2 more in the spring, then ill have my cad associates, then onto a mechanical ENG batchelors.
    ill prolly stop off and get a job first though before i go onto the bach, who knows.

trying to pull dimensions on my dye dam stock mount so i can put, one of those on this.

im having a hell of a time dimensioning it, maybe i need to step back for a while,

new pic with valves in.

trying to pull dimensions on my dye dam stock mount so i can put, one of those on this.

im having a hell of a time dimensioning it, maybe i need to step back for a while,

new pic with valves in.
    You should have that mount attach with asa screw dimensions so we (I) can use it on regular am/mm rails just like the angled asa's. pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    You should have that mount attach with asa screw dimensions so we (I) can use it on regular am/mm rails just like the angled asa's. pretty please
    ill see if i can articulate that idea in my design,
    that way we can utalize the nice stock off the Dye dam.

i still really need to learn more about my cad programs though. im a really simple cad person at this point, and like luke says, i dont want to get ahead of myself on stuff.
    ill see what i can do.

but remember this is KNM you are talking too. i take forever to get projects done.

but remember this is KNM you are talking too. i take forever to get projects done.
    nah...

ill see if i can articulate that idea in my design,
    that way we can utalize the nice stock off the Dye dam.

i still really need to learn more about my cad programs though. im a really simple cad person at this point, and like luke says, i dont want to get ahead of myself on stuff.
    ill see what i can do.

No point in asking every other day if its done then

Take your time no stress

yea, he's still got a fish tank and a ducati to worry about. not to mention he's married

wasn't to hard to get dems,
    here is a rough look at a straight back one, if you mount it to the back of an am/mm rail.
    hope this helps

lighter
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 06-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.

rethinking it, I think the mount would work better if I moved the asa mount bar to the top or 1/4 units from the top.

Yes, that way the stock ends up below the rails line of sight and leaves clearance for mask. Like the mount on the DAM itself.

_
    ..\_

Would something that "slanted z" shape be easy to make?
    Last edited by Mercenario; 06-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

_
    ..\_

Would something that "slanted z" shape be easy to make?
    not sure what you mean
    something like this
    ___________________________________|
    ......................\
    .......................\
    ........................\
    .........................\
    ..........................\_________________|

like that?

I want our cad guy at work to be a mag guy

image by b3rmud3z, on Flickr

Made that on my phone, don't judge it lol

image by b3rmud3z, on Flickr

Made that on my phone, don't judge it lol
    ill throw a couple versions up for ya tonight.

Cool, it would be nice to have a way to attach a nice stock like that to a marker, in fact if reversed it might be able to mount to the grip frame, but it might need to be a 2 piece design otherwise stock would be upside down mounted on grip frame

like this?
    if not I can try some other configs
    I know this is the same as having the bar for the asa mount on the top,
    just making sure im on the right track.
    is this what you wanted? yes/no?

or this one?
    im going simple ill dress it up after we figure out the design you need.

or this one?
    im going simple ill dress it up after we figure out the design you need.
    This is it