Thread: Low velocity issues.

Low velocity issues.

Cant seem to get my Classic valve to shoot above 233 fps. I just put all new fresh o-rings in and oiled it up but it will not shoot above 233 fps. It has Hill's efficiency insert installed. The velocity nut is screwed almost all the way in. Any suggestions?

take the insert out and rechrono, see if that's the problem.

It sounds like you can't get enough tension on the regulator springs to get to the higher pressure required to use the smaller chamber. Try adding some washers inside the adjuster so that it can push the regulator assembly in farther before the nut bottoms out.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    It sounds like you can't get enough tension on the regulator springs to get to the higher pressure required to use the smaller chamber. Try adding some washers inside the adjuster so that it can push the regulator assembly in farther before the nut bottoms out.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that out as soon as I get more air this weekend. I'm going to spend the day at the field trying to fix the problem. It makes sense. The velocity continued to rise as I turned the velocity adjuster in until I couldn't turn it anymore. Is there any other thing that I should check as well? I will update this thread Once I try all that is suggested.
    Last edited by steve_81; 06-20-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that out as soon as I get more air this weekend. I'm going to spend the day at the field trying to fix the problem. It makes sense. The velocity continued to rise as I turned the velocity adjuster in until I couldn't turn it anymore. Is there any other thing that I should check as well? I will update this thread Once I try all that is suggested.
    any pics? wat kind of velocity adjust is it?

The velocity adjuster that is off to the side is the one that was on the valve when I initially tested the valve. I put a different one on it afterwards to see if that would work when I go to diagnose it this weekend.

Last edited by steve_81; 06-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.

is the threaded area on both velocity adjusters the same? if it is you will prolly have the same issue? how does it work with the OG velocity nut? any pics of the spring pack???

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    is the threaded area on both velocity adjusters the same? if it is you will prolly have the same issue? how does it work with the OG velocity nut? any pics of the spring pack???
    I didn't even think about that, the new one i put on the valve actually has a longer threaded area, 2 threads longer. I don't have the original velocity nut. thought I had a spare velocity nut laying around to try but unfortunately didn't find one.

hopefully thats all it is then...and you can try to use a few spacers in the velocity adjuster to see if that helps? but i would try everything suggested so you know for a fact whats going on with your valve.

I suspect its the non-AGD velocity adjuster that is giving you issues. The washers will help with that.

Thanks for the help guys! It sucks not having any air. Cant test anything until Saturday....

Sorry for the long delay, but nonetheless I changed out the velocity adjuster with one that has longer threads and added a shim to the regulator....now it shoots perfect!

Good to hear you got it working.