Thread: Can we make it a rule...

Can we make it a rule...

Public flogging for people whom list a gun for sale as a Deadlywind Mag if it has the DW foregrip or barrel. If it isn't a Karta, Dallara or Chord you need smacked! It's like calling every Mag with an X-Valve an X-Mag, or putting a hotdog on the hood of your car and calling it the Wienermobile!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

And what's the deal with dentists!

Agreed... I am less likely to buy things when the title is innacurate. Sure you get views but who wants to buy from the guy with the misleading title?

Saw a "Splash Sterling" recently that was a solid color with a splash barrel tip... Good price, exactly what I wanted, but I skipped it.

See I usually take it as more lack of knowledge than misleading in most cases. Kind of like the guy calling it a DyeMag because it has a set of Dye stickies on it. Not all of us eat breath and crap AGD.

Truth. How many "DYE" markers with sticky grips or "Benchmark" markers with frames are there on ebay every day?

this happens a lot across all guns. pump cockers, instead of snipers(though with the Empire sniper, i guess ownership of the name would make pump cockers true), or Angels listed as Dye guns, or B2Ks listed as Impulses.

if the person doesn't know what it is and doesn't list it correctly, that sometimes is reflected in the price, SOOOO your diligence will payoff when the price is under market value.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    See I usually take it as more lack of knowledge than misleading in most cases. Kind of like the guy calling it a DyeMag because it has a set of Dye stickies on it. Not all of us eat breath and crap AGD.
    But it's part of this complete breakfast!

If it becomes an official rule I gladly volunteer to do the smacking to any violators

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    If it becomes an official rule I gladly volunteer to do the smacking to any violators
    I like being smacked around and violated.

Oh, wait... That's not what you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by brokeass_baller View Post
    I like being smacked around and violated.

Oh, wait... That's not what you were talking about.
    Everybody has a price.. lets talk

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    And what's the deal with dentists!
    Hahaha true! If i hear the "tooth-hurty" joke one more time I might lose it!

On a similar note: it bugs the crap out of me whenever I see "Deadlywinds", "Deadly Winds" or "Deadly Wind". It's not a fart. It's not several farts. It's "Deadlywind"!

Dood, Sa Weet Brotha?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Dood, Sa Weet Brotha?
    Haha...you grumpy old fart! DooD it would be Sa WeeT if you cheered up Brotha...haha

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    Haha...you grumpy old fart! DooD it would be Sa WeeT if you cheered up Brotha...haha
    You forgot the question mark?

i have a deadlywindvenomoudesigns mag. is that the way i should advertise it?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i have a deadlywindvenomoudesigns mag. is that the way i should advertise it?
    Obviously. After all my LogicVenomousDesignsITXmag will be sold as soon as some one pays me 14g's. :P

My luke's mag has a VD... or should I not advertise that

I still get confused. Can someone make an official rules section on naming mags? I have a mechanical mag with an E MAG valve with a Z grip. Another mag has a VD rail, carbon fiber custom backed ULE, triton frame, with an E MAXX value. What do I call it?

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    I still get confused. Can someone make an official rules section on naming mags? I have a mechanical mag with an E MAG valve with a Z grip. Another mag has a VD rail, carbon fiber custom backed ULE, triton frame, with an E MAXX value. What do I call it?
    call it a AutoMag...haha

No... its a custom automag

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    I always figured the rule of naming would Body + Valve type + how its controlled + any important parts and member modifications

like your first on would be a Z-griped Automag with Emag valve

your other would be a Psycho ULE E-MAXX with a triton frame

makes sense to me