Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Here is an update on where I'm at with this...
I modified the feed guide to hold the ball gate in place under my adapter. I just cut off the "tube" part of it leaving what amounts to a black plastic washer...

I found that there was a nub molded into the Q socket that was preventing the feed guide from sitting squarely in the feedneck. I sanded this nub down until the feed guide and my adapter fit without a gap...

The one thing i don't like about the aluminum horizontal feed tube is that it makes it more difficult to take apart for cleaning. I have a couple ideas on how to modify the ends of the feed tube to alleviate this problem. I will be trying these out soon.
I really like this- it's looking really good.

I did the same thing to my 'top hat' ball guide- I assumed you had already done that.

I believe the lip in that section is there because the balls don't exit the pod at 90degrees (which is also why the opening in I.D. of the socket is oblong), and tilting the 'top hat' allows the rounds to enter the tube in line with the axis of the tubing (or in your case, the axis of the adapter).