Thread: Custom Q-Loader Plumbing *Updated*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Q-Loader Plumbing *Updated*

I wanted to get my Q-Loader hose plumbed a little tighter to my mag so I made up a little adapter to mount the low profile elbow right to the Socket.

I still need to make provisions for mounting the detent spring that keeps the balls in the feedtube when you remove the pod. Otherwise it seems to work quite well. I just made the adapter this evening so I haven't played with it yet like this yet. I did just shoot a full pod through it and it fed without a single hiccup.

I want to get some playtime in with it to see if I'm going to like this configuration. If I do, then I'm going to turn a piece to replace the horizontal section of Q-Loader hose.
    Last edited by Levi; 09-15-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Fixed Links

dude that sweet, simple and awsome. thats awsome to see simple and smart things like this come up.

did you use a lathe?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    dude that sweet, simple and awsome. thats awsome to see simple and smart things like this come up.

did you use a lathe?
    Thanks!

I used a clapped out old Craftsman/Atlas lathe that we have at work. I used to have my own little machine shop setup in my garage, but all my equipment is now filling a storage unit. Its been a while since I've machined anything, and I had forgotten how much fun it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Thanks!

I used a clapped out old Craftsman/Atlas lathe that we have at work. I used to have my own little machine shop setup in my garage, but all my equipment is now filling a storage unit. Its been a while since I've machined anything, and I had forgotten how much fun it is.
    hope it stays fun for ya man! better, more creative stuff gets made/done when you do it for fun!

I am quite jealous of all of you with machinery at your disposal for stuff like this.

I have my own stuff in the works, but I have to generally go through 3d printing to get stuff made.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I am quite jealous of all of you with machinery at your disposal for stuff like this.

I have my own stuff in the works, but I have to generally go through 3d printing to get stuff made.
    did you have a Rail made using the 3D printing?

Whoo Whee!!! thats some good stuff man!
    Last edited by need4reebs; 08-04-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    Whoo Whee!!! thats some good stuff man!
    Thanks Reebs!

I still need to make provisions for mounting the detent spring that keeps the balls in the feedtube when you remove the pod.

just use the feed guide and detent spring that already comes with the Q-loader..that will be the easiest way to do that?

just use the feed guide and detent spring that already comes with the Q-loader..that will be the easiest way to do that?
    That's probably what I'm going to do. The feed guide won't fit with my adapter in there though. So I'm going to cut it down so all that is left of it is the very bottom of it (essentially it will just be a black plastic washer). This should allow me to remove my adapter for easy cleaning without disturbing the detent spring. Getting the detent spring back into place isn't too bad when I'm working at a table, but its not something I want to be fiddling with on the field.

That's probably what I'm going to do. The feed guide won't fit with my adapter in there though. So I'm going to cut it down so all that is left of it is the very bottom of it (essentially it will just be a black plastic washer). This should allow me to remove my adapter for easy cleaning without disturbing the detent spring. Getting the detent spring back into place isn't too bad when I'm working at a table, but its not something I want to be fiddling with on the field.

could you bore out your adapter a lil so the feed guide will fit snug? keep tha OD of the adapter the same and just bore out the ID of the adapter?

did the same thing but with a PVC elbow and it worked great:

check out tha pod loader stand...makes loading at tha field so much easier:

could you bore out your adapter a lil so the feed guide will fit snug? keep tha OD of the adapter the same and just bore out the ID of the adapter?

did the same thing but with a PVC elbow and it worked great:

check out tha pod loader stand...makes loading at tha field so much easier:
    Lookin good man!

How much paint have you put through it like that so far?

The stand looks handy too.

Lookin good man!

How much paint have you put through it like that so far?

The stand looks handy too.
    probably only a case or two...then the Q-loaders went on the Nasty Mag....and the Nasty mag is set up the same but with 2 Q-loaders.

yeah DooD either tha box mod or tha loader stand makes loading the pods alot easier and faster...giving me more time to slam a few beers before tha next game...oh hells yeah!!!

Just because AIC did it a certain way doesn't necessarily mean you need to reproduce it. I would consider making the ball gate separate from the neck -- maybe just glue a standoff or something in the socket, put a hole in the gate and screw it into the socket. Either that or maybe try using a magnet -- I know reebs here is a big fan of magnets. Just glue a magnet into the socket and have that hold the gate.

And speaking of the loader stands, I remember a while back another thread where someone was complaining about having to bring a stand in order to reload his pods and how inconvenient it was or something.

I was like... really?

Just because AIC did it a certain way doesn't necessarily mean you need to reproduce it. I would consider making the ball gate separate from the neck -- maybe just glue a standoff or something in the socket, put a hole in the gate and screw it into the socket. Either that or maybe try using a magnet -- I know reebs here is a big fan of magnets. Just glue a magnet into the socket and have that hold the gate.

And speaking of the loader stands, I remember a while back another thread where someone was complaining about having to bring a stand in order to reload his pods and how inconvenient it was or something.

I was like... really?

very nice man!!! are you gonna market those...or start a pre-order?

simple and works well...that box mod is wat i used before this loader stand.

I'll probably just cut down one of the extra feed guides I have laying around first, just because its quick and easy. I like the magnet idea though, I'm going to play around with that one and see what I can do with it.

I dig the box mod... that's probably what I'll be using until I get around to making a slick stand for it.