Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: New Immortal Air adjustable reg from the people who brought us Air America

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    3/4's of the 100psi shim, or 1 and 1/2 50psi shims.

    Do I win?

    If you can successfully shave off 1/2 a silver shim or 1/4 off a 100psi shim height wise, yes, you absolutely win!
    "Accuracy by aiming."


    Definitely not on the A-Team.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    723
    I see your point about "YOUR" desired pressure but just because it doesn't cover every stage of psi on the market does not mean it's not adjustable to others needs. If the Xvalve was the only valave technology on the market, this would be an issue, but since it's not, well, stick with your XFire. I had one, hated it, always felt like my bottomline/drop was loose and it was the reg the entire time. Cool concept at the time, but I went with Crossfire and have used them and PMI ever since. I did have a Ninja reg once, wasn't bad, but i prefer the shortness of the Stealth over the Ninja.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    If you can successfully shave off 1/2 a silver shim or 1/4 off a 100psi shim height wise, yes, you absolutely win!
    If you know the actual thickness you need ya can prob Buy shims on line. I can get motor shims of any thickness. But still I don't call that an adjustable regulator.

    To me. An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.
    That would make it automatically adjustable, to remove a bonnet and swap springs/shims makes it manually adjustable. I guess you guys weren't around back in the pump days when the only way to change your velocity was with a spring kit ....

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    To me. An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.
    That exactly matches my idea of what an "adjustable" regulator is. Its just terminology though, and I don't care what people want to call it.

    What interests me is a regulator that adjusts over its full range rather than in discreet steps. Also that I can adjust it externally without disassembly. These are features that I love about my Dynaflow and Flatline regs.

    Frankly, if I have to take it apart to "adjust" it then I'm just not interested. I have a few of those sitting around already, some get used some don't... and I don't need any more of them.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    www.BigEvilOnline.com
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Howasabout we stop calling preset regs "adjustable".

    My Nitro Duck X-stream is adjustable.

    My AA Raptor Rex is adjustable.

    My non-functional Hyperflow 201 if it were working would be adjustable.

    Ninja's and this Aura?

    NOT ADJUSTABLE.

    I agree with this,.. and with the opposite end of the argument as well.

    If you can change the pressure on the fly AND with the removal addition of springs/shims,... its adjustable.

    HOWEVER,.... since the regs. back then were "adjustable on the fly",..... id like to see them fall into a catagory of their own,....
    _______________________
    Jai "P8ntbal4me" Menard

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    I see your point about "YOUR" desired pressure but just because it doesn't cover every stage of psi on the market does not mean it's not adjustable to others needs.
    Man, your criteria for "adjustable" is on the one end so broad that it covers every existing regulator, and on the other end allows for regulators which can't do what the end user wants. Most of what you say seems very off-the-cuff and not very well thought out...

    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    If the Xvalve was the only valave technology on the market, this would be an issue,
    Anyone recognize this, and why it's relevant to my point?




    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    but since it's not, well, stick with your XFire. I had one, hated it, always felt like my bottomline/drop was loose and it was the reg the entire time. Cool concept at the time, but I went with Crossfire and have used them and PMI ever since. I did have a Ninja reg once, wasn't bad, but i prefer the shortness of the Stealth over the Ninja.
    The X-fire doesn't wobble when under pressure. It only wobbles when empty. I've got one sitting right here at about 2k PSI.

    If you like something else for form factor reasons, that's fine. Not really to the point though.




    blackdeath1k: I read somewhere the thicknesses were 0.005" and 0.022". So the lil guys are crazy thin.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,217
    Goatboy... Nelson bolt adjustment tool?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    WI.
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Goatboy... Nelson bolt adjustment tool?
    tried and true technology. Bulletproof and so so simple to maintain. current markers still use em. Empire Trraccers, the new Kingman Hammer pump guns.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

  10. #40
    That's correct!

    So... the X-valve isn't the only valve/gun that could use an adjustable regulator.

    I love my Empire Trracer.

    But there were two things they carried forward in the reissue which they shouldn't have.

    One of those was the @%#$%@#$@#%#$^@$^#$%#!^@$#^@#$%#^*^&%$# Civil War era musket loading style velocity adjuster.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Man, your criteria for "adjustable" is on the one end so broad that it covers every existing regulator, and on the other end allows for regulators which can't do what the end user wants. Most of what you say seems very off-the-cuff and not very well thought out...



    Anyone recognize this, and why it's relevant to my point?






    The X-fire doesn't wobble when under pressure. It only wobbles when empty. I've got one sitting right here at about 2k PSI.

    If you like something else for form factor reasons, that's fine. Not really to the point though.




    blackdeath1k: I read somewhere the thicknesses were 0.005" and 0.022". So the lil guys are crazy thin.

    I normally don't say this either. BUT. I agree with this 100%

    As for the shims. I work at a motor shop. Some of the shims we use disappear if you look at them sideways. So I'm sure I could get shims any thickness needed.

  12. #42
    Air America made some very nice reliable regs that still work to this day! Here's an example of one
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post2746651

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,861
    That was a 600 dollar tank when new. Heavy as heck also. But bomb proof.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Anyone recognize this, and why it's relevant to my point?

    Not every Nelspot/Clone came with one of those unless you paid for the adjustable bolt upgrade. At best most bore drop bolts were anti-kink and non adjustable, the reason why there were so many Nelson Spring kits that saturated the market, or the reason why power tubes ranged in size from 00 - 06.




    Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    The X-fire doesn't wobble when under pressure. It only wobbles when empty. I've got one sitting right here at about 2k PSI.
    Mine wouldn't pass re-hydro because of it, thats why I sold it and got the Crossfire. It wobbled when aired up and when empty.

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    Not every Nelspot/Clone came with one of those unless you paid for the adjustable bolt upgrade. At best most bore drop bolts were anti-kink and non adjustable, the reason why there were so many Nelson Spring kits that saturated the market, or the reason why power tubes ranged in size from 00 - 06.
    Regardless, all of that stuff sucks, and it's much easier to just adjust a regulator output.

    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    Mine wouldn't pass re-hydro because of it, thats why I sold it and got the Crossfire. It wobbled when aired up and when empty.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. .. how does a wobbly reg cause a tank to fail hydro?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •