Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Immortal Air adjustable reg from the people who brought us Air America

New Immortal Air adjustable reg from the people who brought us Air America

O
    my
    god

Think they might be a bit late to the game ?

Ninja seems to be on top of their game.

How can they be late, haven't they been here from the beginning?

Sounds like its adjustable over the full range rather than increments like the Ninja regs. If that's the case I might have to pick one up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Sounds like its adjustable over the full range rather than increments like the Ninja regs. If that's the case I might have to pick one up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Im trying to get answers on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Immo..._comment_reply

Hi pressure 850psi. No good

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    How can they be late, haven't they been here from the beginning?
    Air America hello ?

I'm saying making a comeback might be tough because Ninja regs are hard to beat, and they own a large market share.

That's it I'm virtually sold, reviews depending I'm buying 2!!

That was until the price for shipping came to Ł75.75 to the UK! Really? REALLY? They're having a cold bath!! Ł75 nik naks for shipping? Looks like I'll be waiting for a UK dealer then........
    Last edited by longi; 06-27-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Air America hello ? I'm saying making a comeback might be tough because Ninja regs are hard to beat, and they own a large market share.
    Sorry, but I don't understand that way of thinking.

Are you saying you wouldn't support an AGD come back with new products because there are so many good markers currently fulfilling players demand?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand that way of thinking.

Are you saying you wouldn't support an AGD come back with new products because there are so many good markers currently fulfilling players demand?
    I'm saying I already have two Ninja regs (one SHP) and they are bulletproof, and I wouldnt buy more because I already have the best.

i got burnt with myth regs last time i jumped on that bandwagon, I will stick with ninja, my concern with these would be recharge rate

We've got advantages and disadvantages on both sides...

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Hi pressure 850psi. No good
    Agreed.

I shall stick to my 4500 flatline with 1100psi output and continue to guard my 3 extra reg seats like they're solid gold...
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm saying I already have two Ninja regs (one SHP) and they are bulletproof, and I wouldnt buy more because I already have the best.

Agreed. I ran an SHP on my mag at tunaball for the first time and thats all I plan on using. Big difference between 850 (I think that is near the high end for the Ninja adjustable anyway) and 1100.

I agree with Going_Home on this one, Ninja has him beat by 16.00. Ninja's basic reg is adjustable between 450 - 850 just like Dans, but it's 16.00 cheaper. Most people I know would take the savings over the name and rep of someones past. My question, where are the regs manufactured ? Since all the media hype has yet to mention this.
    Last edited by [NA]WARLORD; 06-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    I agree with Going_Home on this one, Ninja has him beat by 16.00. Ninja's basic reg is adjustable between 450 - 850 just like Dans, but it's 16.00 cheaper. Most people I know would take the savings over the name and rep of someones past. My question, where are the regs manufactured ? Since all the media hype has yet to mention this.
    There are a few weaknesses in the Ninja regs. The reg pin spring is very weak and they tend to creep, bad at times. Probably not as bad an issue for mag shooters, but the LP guns are having some issues with them.

I wonder if the IA regs could be tuned to output another 100-150 psi?

Aluminum bonnet into aluminum ASA? Not a fan - want me a nickel plated brass bonnet.
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Howasabout we stop calling preset regs "adjustable".

My Nitro Duck X-stream is adjustable.

My AA Raptor Rex is adjustable.

My non-functional Hyperflow 201 if it were working would be adjustable.

Ninja's and this Aura?

NOT ADJUSTABLE.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

If I can add a spring/shim to get a desired output pressure, then yes, it's adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    If I can add a spring/shim to get a desired output pressure, then yes, it's adjustable.
    Oh dear. Here we go.

For starters, please name one regulator out there which *cannot* have its output pressure changed by swapping out a spring or shimming with ... er, shims.

Aura:

"Fully adjustable output pressure range via the Quick Pack™/Spring Pack – Allows for fast, precision output pressure conversion"

"Hi pressure 850psi or mid pressure 550 psi." - Larry Taylor

I think the marketing department is taking a few liberties with the phrase "fully adjustable", unless I'm missing something.

Ninja:

If you can shim it to your "desired output pressure", then it's adjustable. OK, I can go with that.

If you can't shim it to your "desired output pressure", is it then fair game to say it's not adjustable?

Let's try some math!

There are two shim sizes, a thick and a thin one.

The thick one does you, what, about 100PSI per shim.

The thin one does, what, 50PSI? Just a ballpark, you'll see why in a bit.

Assume a starting pressure of 650PSI, what combination of shims will give me my "desired output pressure" of 725PSI for my X-valve?

I generally disagree with Goatboy about everything, but in this case I agree wholeheartedly. This has always bugged me because there are actual adjustable regulators out there and frankly it's misleading to bill these as such... Granted I have yet to see a screw-in adjustable regulator but I've also never seen a screw-in that couldn't be shimmed up or down to a different output pressure.

Honestly, I don't think any regulator that can't be adjusted under pressure should be considered "adjustable".

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I generally disagree with Goatboy about everything, but in this case I agree wholeheartedly.
    What? Me? No, no you must be talking about some other GoatBoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Granted I have yet to see a screw-in adjustable regulator but I've also never seen a screw-in that couldn't be shimmed up or down to a different output pressure.
    Nitro Duck X-stream. And by way of cheesing it, the Ninja. See later. It would be nice if a manufacturer stepped up and filled the vacancy in adjustable regs (screw-in or not) instead of trying to muscle into the overpopulated preset space.

Not only is it about being able to adjust it while under pressure, but it's about the granularity of adjustment steps. With the big spring packs or belleville washers, you have very large adjustment steps.

Even with shims you still have large relatively large adjustment steps.

Dirty tactics: I actually have tried adjusting my ninja's output pressure. And I managed to make it pretty much hit 725.

I kept noticing that the output adjustment on the ninjas was somewhat erratic. Take a shim out -- 600. Put a shim in -- 800. Take the same one back out -- 700. WTF?

Judging by the shim thickness, I realized that how tightly you screw that bonnet on can affect output pressure. So I varied, ever so slightly, the position of how tightly I screwed it on and locked it down, and managed to hit roughly 725. I don't know how stable it's going to be though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    What?
    Dirty tactics: I actually have tried adjusting my ninja's output pressure. And I managed to make it pretty much hit 725.

I kept noticing that the output adjustment on the ninjas was somewhat erratic. Take a shim out -- 600. Put a shim in -- 800. Take the same one back out -- 700. WTF?

Judging by the shim thickness, I realized that how tightly you screw that bonnet on can affect output pressure. So I varied, ever so slightly, the position of how tightly I screwed it on and locked it down, and managed to hit roughly 725. I don't know how stable it's going to be though.
    The reg pin springs are VERY WEAK on the ninja regs, which can make them do really weird things at times.

Maybe a better system would be to say any regulator that needs to be disassembled to change the output pressure should not be considered "adjustable" but "customizable" output?

Oh and I had the exact same issue with my first generation Ninja. The "pro" model seemed to have very defined increments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    There are two shim sizes, a thick and a thin one.

The thick one does you, what, about 100PSI per shim.

The thin one does, what, 50PSI? Just a ballpark, you'll see why in a bit.

Assume a starting pressure of 650PSI, what combination of shims will give me my "desired output pressure" of 725PSI for my X-valve?
    3/4's of the 100psi shim, or 1 and 1/2 50psi shims.

Do I win?

Been using Ninja when they first came out. Best product out there, phenomenal customer service. When and if someone comes out with something better I may look into it. Too many opinions from too many people who at one time or another backed or supported a massive failure product for me to look anywhere else.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM