Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Immortal Air adjustable reg from the people who brought us Air America

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    3/4's of the 100psi shim, or 1 and 1/2 50psi shims.

Do I win?

If you can successfully shave off 1/2 a silver shim or 1/4 off a 100psi shim height wise, yes, you absolutely win!
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I see your point about "YOUR" desired pressure but just because it doesn't cover every stage of psi on the market does not mean it's not adjustable to others needs. If the Xvalve was the only valave technology on the market, this would be an issue, but since it's not, well, stick with your XFire. I had one, hated it, always felt like my bottomline/drop was loose and it was the reg the entire time. Cool concept at the time, but I went with Crossfire and have used them and PMI ever since. I did have a Ninja reg once, wasn't bad, but i prefer the shortness of the Stealth over the Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    If you can successfully shave off 1/2 a silver shim or 1/4 off a 100psi shim height wise, yes, you absolutely win!
    If you know the actual thickness you need ya can prob Buy shims on line. I can get motor shims of any thickness. But still I don't call that an adjustable regulator.

To me. An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.
    That would make it automatically adjustable, to remove a bonnet and swap springs/shims makes it manually adjustable. I guess you guys weren't around back in the pump days when the only way to change your velocity was with a spring kit ....

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    To me. An adjustable reg is one I can change in seconds like my gun velocity. If I've got to tear it apart. And swap out parts. That is not really an adjustable reg.
    That exactly matches my idea of what an "adjustable" regulator is. Its just terminology though, and I don't care what people want to call it.

What interests me is a regulator that adjusts over its full range rather than in discreet steps. Also that I can adjust it externally without disassembly. These are features that I love about my Dynaflow and Flatline regs.

Frankly, if I have to take it apart to "adjust" it then I'm just not interested. I have a few of those sitting around already, some get used some don't... and I don't need any more of them.

Howasabout we stop calling preset regs "adjustable".

My Nitro Duck X-stream is adjustable.

My AA Raptor Rex is adjustable.

My non-functional Hyperflow 201 if it were working would be adjustable.

Ninja's and this Aura?

NOT ADJUSTABLE.

I agree with this,.. and with the opposite end of the argument as well.

If you can change the pressure on the fly AND with the removal addition of springs/shims,... its adjustable.

HOWEVER,.... since the regs. back then were "adjustable on the fly",..... id like to see them fall into a catagory of their own,....

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    I see your point about "YOUR" desired pressure but just because it doesn't cover every stage of psi on the market does not mean it's not adjustable to others needs.
    Man, your criteria for "adjustable" is on the one end so broad that it covers every existing regulator, and on the other end allows for regulators which can't do what the end user wants. Most of what you say seems very off-the-cuff and not very well thought out...

If the Xvalve was the only valave technology on the market, this would be an issue,
    Anyone recognize this, and why it's relevant to my point?

but since it's not, well, stick with your XFire. I had one, hated it, always felt like my bottomline/drop was loose and it was the reg the entire time. Cool concept at the time, but I went with Crossfire and have used them and PMI ever since. I did have a Ninja reg once, wasn't bad, but i prefer the shortness of the Stealth over the Ninja.
    The X-fire doesn't wobble when under pressure. It only wobbles when empty. I've got one sitting right here at about 2k PSI.

If you like something else for form factor reasons, that's fine. Not really to the point though.

blackdeath1k: I read somewhere the thicknesses were 0.005" and 0.022". So the lil guys are crazy thin.

Goatboy... Nelson bolt adjustment tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Goatboy... Nelson bolt adjustment tool?
    tried and true technology. Bulletproof and so so simple to maintain. current markers still use em. Empire Trraccers, the new Kingman Hammer pump guns.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

That's correct!

So... the X-valve isn't the only valve/gun that could use an adjustable regulator.

I love my Empire Trracer.

But there were two things they carried forward in the reissue which they shouldn't have.

One of those was the @%#$%@#$@#%#$^@$^#$%#!^@$#^@#$%#^*^&%$# Civil War era musket loading style velocity adjuster.

Man, your criteria for "adjustable" is on the one end so broad that it covers every existing regulator, and on the other end allows for regulators which can't do what the end user wants. Most of what you say seems very off-the-cuff and not very well thought out...

The X-fire doesn't wobble when under pressure. It only wobbles when empty. I've got one sitting right here at about 2k PSI.

If you like something else for form factor reasons, that's fine. Not really to the point though.

blackdeath1k: I read somewhere the thicknesses were 0.005" and 0.022". So the lil guys are crazy thin.

I normally don't say this either. BUT. I agree with this 100%

As for the shims. I work at a motor shop. Some of the shims we use disappear if you look at them sideways. So I'm sure I could get shims any thickness needed.

Air America made some very nice reliable regs that still work to this day! Here's an example of one
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post2746651

That was a 600 dollar tank when new. Heavy as heck also. But bomb proof.

Not every Nelspot/Clone came with one of those unless you paid for the adjustable bolt upgrade. At best most bore drop bolts were anti-kink and non adjustable, the reason why there were so many Nelson Spring kits that saturated the market, or the reason why power tubes ranged in size from 00 - 06.

Mine wouldn't pass re-hydro because of it, thats why I sold it and got the Crossfire. It wobbled when aired up and when empty.

Not every Nelspot/Clone came with one of those unless you paid for the adjustable bolt upgrade. At best most bore drop bolts were anti-kink and non adjustable, the reason why there were so many Nelson Spring kits that saturated the market, or the reason why power tubes ranged in size from 00 - 06.
    Regardless, all of that stuff sucks, and it's much easier to just adjust a regulator output.

Mine wouldn't pass re-hydro because of it, thats why I sold it and got the Crossfire. It wobbled when aired up and when empty.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. .. how does a wobbly reg cause a tank to fail hydro?