Thread: efficiency? how many shots?

efficiency? how many shots?

I've got a bone stock original automag rt. A 68-45 flat line tank set at 850-900 psi. And a 12" dye ultralite. And 16" sp AA. AGD foamy bolt. How many shots ballpark will this get me?

First big scenario played will be next month. And I've never had a 4500 fill to base an assumption off of. Don't really want to carry more paint than I can shoot with a tank on the field either. So any rough help would be much appreciated. Please and thank you
    BTW. Yes I'm sure this has been asked before. But I am inept with finding it.

you can expect a hopper and at least 4-5 pods.

with a good paint to bore match you can squeeze another pod

with that same setup with my efficiency insert I got a hopper and 7-8 pods but not sure if you can put an insert in a classic rt

IIRC, ballparked it would be about 1000, maximum. I'd carry 800 if you want to guarantee to be fully loaded paint-to-air. That's what I carried at D-Day last year.

Sweet! 1000 was the rough number I was hoping for. I'd like a buffer zone. But I'll take what I can get. Heck. I may have to take a picture of the gauge on my tank showing 4500 psi. Since I've never had one filled full before.

I don't think I have ever gotten 1k shots out of my 68/45, but then again I'm one of those that if there are free refills, tops off every time I go back in to the staging area. I've also found that efficiency seems to go way down if you start RTing excessively rather than one shotting. I know the rough calculation for shots per tank for Tippmanns used to be 15xcubic inch for 4500psi tanks and 10xcubic inch for 3k tanks, but not sure if this is the same for AGD products.

yea 1000 seems just about right

The Tippy calculation seems pretty close at least for my mag, though Tippys with an RT tend to use a ton more air per shot from personal experience (-1600 PSI on a hopper of paint).

I was getting ~ 1k shots at D-Day 2012. I used my Etac in semi for most of the time, though I did switch to auto for a bit while laying covering fire on the Church for advancing players. I was also using a .681 barrel which gave me a very slight underbore.

I've run 950 in a final battle with a hair more air left also.

The larger problem for me has always been getting a real 4500 fill. Some fields even have a 4500 compressor, but it can't keep up and you get 3k fills anyway. Just for comparison, a good 3k fill should get you around 700 shots on a 68, so keep that in mind as the day wears on and the air station varies. A bad air station and a long field usually means a different marker for me.

On a 4000k fill, I managed 700 shots on my Ninja 68/4500 with 1k to spare.

Well I shot 800 rounds yesterday. Had 1000 psi left. And only had a fill to 4200 give or take. So I'd venture to say 1000 is a pretty good guestimate.