What have you guys done to fix/eliminate the sloppy triggers on the benchmark trigger frames? Any tricks, tips?
Wiscoballer made a 0.010" shim for me out of macro line.
As far as I could tell, he put it inside a brass tube, shaved it off with a razor blade, then sanded it to the right thickness. It is still in one of my frames somewhere. I had to be mean to it to get it in there, but it held up. I was surprised.
I remember doing something similar to What Big Evil was saying. I took a small brass washer and sanded one side of it in a figure 8 then kept checking it after a while and then tested it until it ran smooth. I only sanded the one side so the smooth side would slip against the trigger, and the rough sanded edge against the frame. Worked like a champ, no play at all.
I will be trying the macro line next time thou for sure, sounds way easier!!!
I've used both shim stock and a sanded washer to shim triggers. Shim stock is much easier than sanding down a washer that is too thick.
Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.